I'm Done....

jheis

Well, maybe one more B&K amp to replace the Haffler, but that's it! Really.

I just scored a pair of La Scalas off craigslist right here in Santa Rosa! 84 LS BL's for $725! Not as good a deal as capo's free Cornwalls, but still a score!

The cabinets are a bit rough, but nothing a little elbow grease can't fix, and they came with all the dust and spider webs anyone could ever want, but they ROCK. I moved the Cornwalls to the rear and put the La Scalas in front, with Heresy surrounds and an RC7 center (I know, I know).

I'm sitting in my home office typing this, and I didn't even have to fire up the home office system (Carver TFM45 & Heresys) Just listened to Patricia Barber's "Verse" and now Cowboy Junkies' "Lay it down." Sweeeet.

James

By the way, anybody want a pair of KG 2's? I have a pair that are just taking up space - oak finish, a few nicks and scratches, but not bad. Prefer local pick up (don't want to have to deal with packing and shipping) $125 obo.

jheis,

I told myself (and everybody else) the same thing a couple months ago. Don't say "i'm done" and throw in the towel. Just stop investing in audio and keep posting on these forums. If your happy with every component of your system. Source/Amp/DAC/Speakers/Wires then there's nothing else to worry about upgrading.

I just told myself, that the next time I upgrade, it'll be to DIY speakers, and that's pretty much kept me from doing any upgrades lately because I have to find the willpower to learn speaker design, all the mathematical formula's, etc.

-Joe

----------------

On 5/10/2005 12:21:05 AM jheis wrote:

fini:

Just don't have the corners for it. Really.

James

----------------

My point, exactly! You're not done...you need corners!

Congrats on the local Las.

Your done?

Lets see, restore the La Scalas exterior, oh, while your in there, might as well replace the wiring, but hey, if your gonna replace the wiring, you should replace the crossovers, but hummm, if you replace the crossovers, your not going to hook them to the stock squaker and tweeter, are you...

Give it time, and congrats.

Chris

I spent about a half day cleaning the La Scalas. Used something called Howard "Restor-A-Finish" that I picked up at the local hardware store for some other project.

The lacquer on the top surfaces of the speakers had turned white and chalky and it looked like a lot of the top was bare wood. I thought I was going to have to completely strip and refinish both speakers, but they cleaned up real nice. I can hardly believe these are the same speakers I dragged home! The deeper scratches are still there, but they look pretty damn good, if I must say so myself. Of course, they also sound much better now.

fini:

Considering what corners cost in this neck of the woods, I'll be sticking with what I've got for now.

James

The wife said today that she will sure be glad when I get off of this Klipsch speaker "kick"......added two more pair of Klipsch this week.....now what did I do with that phone number for that pair of Klipschorns from the local classifieds.....

----------------

On 5/11/2005 3:50:46 PM Woodog wrote:

Corvette6769,

I just checked out your website...

Cop Bait.... love it!

Forrest (living in the home of the Corvette, Bowling Green, KY)----------------

Thank you! After they initially refused, I had to do some stringent convincing at upper levels to get the state to issue my "COP BAIT" vanity plate. They argued that it would cause me to be a target for law enforcement and finally gave in when I pointed out that anyone driving a bright red Corvette is already a target long before anyone gets close enough to be able to read a license plate.

Yup a couple of mine were born in Bowling Green. Matter of fact, when I custom ordered my 2001 Corvette, a death in the family prevented me from picking it up at the factory, but Sonny Kilgo at the plant sent me 11" x 14" pictures of it going down the assembly line.10.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Did it!

Just found a fourth B&K 2 channel amp to round out my separates system. Got a ST1400 II (125 wpc) which I think I'll use for my Cornwall rears and delegate the ST140 to center channel duty.

Now I'm done - Really....

James

----------------

On 5/23/2005 3:09:44 AM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 5/23/2005 2:25:24 AM jheis wrote:

Now I'm done - Really....

James

----------------

LOL! Yeah, right!

----------------

C'mon, guys, play along! James is probably showing his wife this thread...

• 1 month later...

Well, one more amp couldn't hurt.

Got another B&K amp. Found a barely used ST-2140 (140wpc) on ebay for a fair BIN and local, so no shipping, and before I knew what had happened, I'd bought the thing. So four B&K's in my main system and my original ST-140 gets bumped over to my home office system.

So that's it. I'm done. Really.....

James

• 3 months later...

Guess I need to update my profile.

Just scored another B&K ST-125.2 off ebay (and, assuming it works,

this one was a SCORE). So now I've got six B&K amps.

Kind of like Colter's Wall o' Klipsch.

But now, I'm done. Really.... I mean it this time. Trust me.

James