Denon 3801 and KLF30 sub setting

CarlV

CarlV - Like most things audio, I find experimentation works best. Your 30's can certainly handle bass. The best setting is the one that sounds best to you in your environment. Sometimes sub+front enhances the bass, sometimes it cancels it. It really depends on your room and your listening tastes. I don't think there is one right answer. Let your ears decide!

CarlV - How do the quintets do as surrounds for such big front speakers? I'm planning on a setup similar with maybe the new RF-5's when they come out and quintets for rears because of space constraints, I'm in an apt. I will also add a 12 or 15" sub. Just curious how the effects sound and if the large fronts overpower your rears, thanks.

steve

The quintets actually pack a punch for their size, especially if your room isn't too big, mine is 13'x14'. I would defiantly recommend them if you have a good subwoofer to compliment them. I also had to raise their levels up about +5 or +6.

Carl

Yeah my rooms is about that if not smaller, that sounds like what I'll go with. The RS-3's look would just look way to big hanging from the wall. not too mention the quintets can be had for much cheaper. I just hope the black quintets don't look too tacky with my new maple blonde rf-5's and my sub, when I get them that is, hehe =) Cheers

steve