Replacement crossovers-LS-BR matched set

anbclub

I run a club that inherited a pair of Klipsch speakers about 15 years ago, that are probably 25 to 30 yrs old. We've run them awile Still sound damn good, but have seen some rough use. I believe the cross over capacitors have probably taken on some moisture, as well as the coils, more then likely. They do some clicking and cut out at times. I would really like to R/R the crossovers, but I do not have any data sheets for power ratings, crossover specs, etc. Can Klipsch provide spec. and a pair of newer crossover versions using newer components.?

The data on the back panael for this set of two is:

Serial numbers 6P723 & 6P724

Type number: LS-BR

Data on the speaker components:

On the tweeter pm: printed on in ink

14 824-0137

Klipsch K-77-M

on the mid range horn pm:

stamped into info plate: 215365

printed in ink K-55-V

Woofer:

no idea. did not want to open the sealed woofer chamber.

Terry

You have a pair of LaScalas. (LS BR = LaScala Birch Raw) Yes, you can get new crossovers. I think don't think Klipsch stocks anything "older" than the AL-4, which is not the right crossover for your drivers. Contact BEC on this BB, he can get you fixed up. BTW, your woofer most likely is a K-33E.

Tony

• 4 months later...

HI

Have you considered steep slope XO. Here is the web site they are made for klipsch.

Extreme-slope networks separate the sound into frequency bands appropriate to each of the drivers (Woofer, squawker or tweeter) and sends them ONLY to that driver. There is only a very small overlap where two drivers are sounding together and can interact with each other. Eliminating driver interaction eliminates the need for "time alignment" resulting in a much wider "sweet spot", a noticeably better stereo image and a smoother frequency response throughout the room.

http://alkeng.com/es_xo.html

post-18581-1381927207275_thumb.jpg