Show pics of your favorite ride.

sputnik

----------------

On 5/21/2005 12:22:36 PM greg928s4 wrote:

I'm thinking of replacing the S4 with this, but I think it's had paint work and the dealer will not provide anything except his assurance that he knows how to pick a car and I don't know what I'm talking about. Used car salesmen.
7.gif

Greg

----------------

Greg- Then I'd ask the salesman why HE doesn't buy it for himself.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go here:

http://www.oldanimotorsports.20megsfree.com

and take a peek at the car halfway down that page. Easily the most fun ride I have had so far, bar none! 9.gif

Nothing like a belt-driven hoodscoop....2.gif

Hmm.... "Vette"....you must live in a small county if it only takes a 10.96 to have the fastest street car, lol! Just giving you a bad time!!! My old '68 Nova with a tiny little .020" over 302" with iron heads, one 4bbl, 12-bolt and a Glide ran 11-flat on 10.5" tires in the worst summer heat and humidity, and was street-driven. It dipped into the 10.80's if better air, but nothing real spectacular. The fun part was I spent the money on the driveline first, so it looked pretty ratty and surprised more than a few 454-468 guys with Camaros, Novas, and Chevelles in its day. I should have never sold it.....

But this post: "My gf has a vibe" takes the prize so far!6.gif9.gif

Tom - He's got 25 Porsche's sitting at his place, and he's a one man operation, so they ARE all his!

I wouldn't even care if the car did have paint work, the paint is beautiful. But I want to know the history before I shell out the dough.

I'm also looking at this beauty.

Gold SL600 a.jpg

Greg

post-11090-13819266060002_thumb.jpg

Love it/hate it looks. Exclusivity (you don't come across these very often). Awesome power-to-weight ratio. Great everyday driver but still can make you soil your pants. When I graduate from Tech I'll be picking up a used '01 for about 25K.

mcoupesm.jpg

Keep dreaming...

cobrasm.jpg

BINGO!! 1965 Ford Lotus-Cortina. Mine had a Cosworth bottom end, Venolia pistons, A pair of Weber 45s and was a full 1600cc. 190 horsepower in a car that weighs 2200 lbs (lots of aluminum bits on the Lotus-Cortina). There were less than 1500 of these made from '63-'65. Euro "saloon" world champion as driven by Jimmy Clark. I pulled mine out of someones back yard in '83 and did a full restoration. Sold it for $27,000 to a collector in Japan.

Click image for more of the Aircort