help

dtel

• Moderators

I think i would like to try some heritage , maby start with the heresy .Now i have sb3 sc1 ss1 and even though i have never heard any heritage , my favorite speakers were some i built 30 years ago which had midrange horns and horn tweeters and i liked the sound. So i think i would like any of the heritage. Now to the big question , does any of you whith garages and houses full of klipsch speakers like to sell any of the extras, give me some advice and prices. Condition does not matter because i like to do woodworking ,i could even build new boxes . I thought start with heresys for now and later add more heresys or use the heresys for rears and go with something bigger for the mains over time. I heard 5 heresys sound good to. I thought i would ask here because i am scared of ebay {never ever used it } and i can trust people here i feel like i know the people here from reading all the post . I live in south mississippi and have never seen any klipsch heritage in pawn shops or newspapers or anywhere else . Please advise thanks

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Since this is the time of year that your business/work is nonstop, you may have trouble traveling, but there are some heritage owners in Alabama. Be nice to visit someone and give a listen first. Even if you will probably like them anyway.

Michael, here's your chance to unload something! [;)]

Bruce

Michael,

So right. I didn't notice his original post date. Speakerfritz just responded and moved it to the top. I guess I need to go mow the yard and get off of here.

Bruce

Good thing we didn't wait for all of you to jump right on the request for help.

That was about the time my wife and I took a detour. I hardly remember much of the past year (not really true, but parts were rather surreal). The pace certainly picked up in June for us.

Bruce

• Moderators

I do apologize if that quip sounded a little sarcastic. You guys have been really good to us since we have been members of this forum. Several of you actually made the purchase of our Forte II's possible.

Once again, Michael, thank you.[;)] I knew I would have the opportunity to say that at least one more time.

I actually thought the revival of this thread was hilarious.

So in the middle section of your post....the message i am getting is that you are looking for parts to build a set of hersey's. You are asking us to check what we have not in use and let you know.

Check your inbox in a few....I'll send you an email.

• Moderators

Okay, okay...hold on. I feel like I am on a drug induced trip here.

Speakerfritz the original Help post was written in 2005. I am not sure how you got a hold of the post a year later, but you did.

Since May of 2005 we have purchased two pairs of Forte II's and are looking for a third pair.

In addition, we would like to purchase a pair of Khorns, in the near future.

I went thru the unanswerd post over the last few days and wanted to make sure that if someone ask the klipsch forum for help, some type of answer was provided. I often do that when the airwaves get congested with folks throwing rocks at each other...I take a break from the main stream stuff in active discussion and go thru and see who really is asking for help.

I have a background in audio, computers, know enough about home construction to have added 2 rooms to my house...foundation, electrical, HVAC, and all. so I think I can answer some of the questions.

The fourm has numerous intrest areas...but all the unanswered show up together.

I came across some intresting issues...some folks were happy to get an answer..even if it was late...others were puzzled as to how there question floated to the top.

back to you...k-horns, great if you have the corners....lascalas corners not an issues, awesome sound.

Eat some more shrooms Christie, then well talk about it. I was just trying to join your hippie trippie Heritage dream.

For my first Klipsch Heritage I'd like some Heresies, no that's not what I'd like, I think I'd like some Cornwalls, then I could play the Cornwall, play my tamborine, spin and sing at the same time and the girls would see me dancing and playing my tamborine and ask 'why don't you try some LaScalas, then I would get the LaScalas, that's what I'd do, and then I'd be really really really happy and the sound would come out and swirl around my head and make my spine tingle and then I'd think, no these aren't big enough and i'd look and i'd look and i'd look for a pair of those big triangle thingies that stand in the corner and i'd buy a pair of them and then I'd be happy.

Wouldn't I?

• Moderators

Come on Michael, you know me better, no "shrooms" for me.[N]

However, the "big triangle thingies that stand in the corner" do sound appealing. And..."the sound would come out and swirl around my head and make my spine tingle"...and "I could dance around" while listening to the "big triangle thingies" and then "I'd be really really really happy".[ip]

Now...all the indecision about speakers...I'll leave that to you! [;)]

Although...those LaScala's we had the pleasure of auditioning in our home (while holding them for a certain someone) sounded pretty awesome.[:)]