Industrial La Scala Cabs Available - FREE

cueman

----------------

On 6/19/2005 3:40:05 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

You know, it is these kind of acts that help Klipsch keep this forum going...

----------------

Absolutely!

The La Scalas CABS have landed and we unloaded them from the van last night!

They are in great shape so now the search for crossovers, horns, and drivers begins.

Thanks again cueman very generous of you 9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

Unless you need the high power handling, you might consider putting the K33 $130 standard woofers in them. They are 100 watt vs 200 watt, but dig a little deeper. Also, I'd consider just buying new xovers from Bob or Dean. The various AL's you might be able to find would be old, out of spec, and aren't really worth repairing, according to what Bob told me about mine. Just get new and be trouble free. You can get K401 composite horns new from Klipsch for I think $49, so you're set there. Couple of K55's and K77 and you are in business.

Wish I'd gotten those cabs, but it was too far.

Good luck with the project. It's a labor of love.

Michael

----------------

On 8/11/2005 10:53:29 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

Unless you need the high power handling, you might consider putting the K33 $130 standard woofers in them. They are 100 watt vs 200 watt, but dig a little deeper. Also, I'd consider just buying new xovers from Bob or Dean. The various AL's you might be able to find would be old, out of spec, and aren't really worth repairing, according to what Bob told me about mine. Just get new and be trouble free. You can get K401 composite horns new from Klipsch for I think $49, so you're set there. Couple of K55's and K77 and you are in business.

Wish I'd gotten those cabs, but it was too far.

Good luck with the project. It's a labor of love.

Michael

----------------

Here they are just ready for parts......

lscb.jpg

They are actually for a friend who has done me some hugemongus favors like loaned me turntables, cd players for extended amounts of time and helped me move etc etc....

I will pass the info along thanks Michael

10.gif10.gif10.gif10.gif10.gif10.gif

post-15544-13819266111386_thumb.jpg

Hello Todd, Sorry for Uncle Ralph's button finger at 76 patience is not really a standard virtue any longer but I do love him for picking these baby's up. I see Ian has posted one of the pics the night we unloaded them and I can't wait to start their re-build:)

Many thanks and we will keep you posted.

Tim

"The Lucky Dog"!9.gif