Cable for my new HT System

dqh

After reading some suggestions from this forum, I have decided to go with the RF-3 and the RC-3 for my main and center. This is my current system:

Sony STR-DB940

Pioneer V630 DVD/VCD/CD

RF-3's

Rc-3

2 Quintets or for my old Boston Acoustic for the surrounds(not sure which yet - suggestions are welcome). I'm trying to saving $$ that's why I didn't get the RS-3's.

Now back to the main subject...Any suggestions for what type of quality cables and type of gauges should I use for my speakers?

Thanks.

Some years ago, the folks at McIntosh did A/B tests on speaker cables. The results? Nobody could hear a difference as long as the cable gauge was large enough. Smaller suffered, bigger did not help. I believe they said 16 gauge zip cord is good for up to 50 feet.

There are a lot of audiophiles who would disagree with this. Check out the list on cables at www.audioasylum.com for more information and opinion than you ever wanted on speaker cables.

Guess what PWK uses. There is another thread on this board that describes his home system.