Fortes on Ebay for $325 BIN in Louisiana

The Forte continues to be one of the greatest values on the used market... if you can score a pair for around $500, nothing on the new market for under $2,000 can touch them. The RF7 might be the closest; anything from another company, just forget it.

I've offered this advice on some of the other forums many times, with people asking for advice in the range of anywhere from $600 and $2,000, but am usually ignored, since "new" is all anyone is interested in.

I've recently compared my 17-year old Fortes to brand new Martin-Logans and Focals, ranging from 4K to 9K; the 9K Focals came close, but none of them were able to bring the performance to me like my Fortes.

If I were close enough to this pair, they would definitely come under consideration, if only for a possible center-channel conversion project. My Academy is terrific, but another Forte would be bliss...

I know the seller. His name is Mike. If someone is truly interested in them, I can assist in getting them delivered or shipping them. Mike has a bad back, that is why he insists on local pickup. He is located in the New Orleans area. I am about 90 miles away in Mississippi. I travel frequently to Central MS and LA (lower Alabama), and also the FL panhandle.

Guest Anonymous

Fastlane-

He has sold klipsch products before then right? I vaguley remember a guy down south with a bad back who was selling a pair of Heresy's I believe, but wouldn't ship them and another forum member said that they could do exactly what you would. Anyways, just a thought.

Best,

George

I believe he has sold some kg4 & kg4.5. I think he is like me, buy something, try it out, then something else comes along... Something has to go to make room and fund this upgrade bug. I know he has some huge Bozaks, but probably not for sale.

• Moderators

Yes we did get the Forte's for $325.00. Thank you for all of your help. Did mention to the seller that a member on the forum vouched for him. Mentioned fastlane and he told us your proper name, but can't remember what he said your name was. Anyways, we are going to pick them up as soon as the rain is over down here, maybe tomorrow evening. Thanks again for all your help.

• Like 1

Hi folks,

First post, newbie here. (sorry also posted this on another thread ...... is that frowned upon??)

Looking to finally build a 2 channel home system for some listening pleasure in my new living room.

Biggest speaker the wife is willing to stay with me with is a Forte.

I'm looking on ebay, what really is the diff between Forte and Forte II.

I've read that the original Forte are better.

Here is a pair on ebay I'm looking at: item 5778275451

Around $400, sound like a fair deal.

Appreciate ANY feedback, suggestions, etc.

Cheers, E.

Hi, newbie here again.

Drop the question on FI vs FII. I think I'll stick to the F1.

But question on $400 deal on ebay still stands. I'm from Canada, so shipping will be a b***h, but I'll probably ship to a friend stateside near the border and drive down to pick them up.

Appreciate comments, cheers, E.