forte 2

dtel

• Moderators

I wanted to get some hereseys but these forte 2,s on ebay are close to me and i know nothing about the forte. Would they be better,i want to replace some synergy so i will need to later get something to match for ht is a hersey a match for rears and center or will i have to stay whith all forte? thanks

• Like 1

• Moderators

I live in picayune ms, the only guestion is could i use heresy for surrounds, i want to have 6.1 to replace the synergy i have now. thanks just thinking about trying to find the other 4 of something down the road

• Like 1

• Moderators

Never mind just bought them anyway. Would still like an answer as to whether or not the forte's would match heresey for rears and center or would i need just forte's ?

• Like 1

• Moderators

yes, we bought them. Will be picking them up as soon as rain ends, possibly tomorrow evening. Thank you for letting us know you had done business with Mike before. Otherwise, we probably would not have bought off ebay.

• Like 1

----------------

On 5/30/2005 3:02:31 PM dtel wrote:

Never mind just bought them anyway. Would still like an answer as to whether or not the forte's would match heresey for rears and center or would i need just forte's ?

----------------

I don't know anything about HT but I'll bet that four Fortes with an Academy center would sound incredible. Sub? Probably wouldn't even need a stinkin sub.

I have forte II with academy for center. I also went with forte II for surrounds. If you have the room the sound great. You can also use quartets for rears. There is a pair on ebay right now that aren't bid up much, less than 200. The tough part is getting the academy they usually go for around 500 if in decent shape. You will love the sound. You could get along with the heresy's for surround until wome more forte II or quartets show up. You could also use a quartet for center if shielding isn't a problem. You can also get bucking magnets for them to shield them. Good luck you will love the fortes.

Hi folks,

First post, newbie here.

Looking to finally build a 2 channel home system for some listening pleasure in my new living room.

Biggest speaker the wife is willing to stay with me with is a Forte.

I'm looking on ebay, what really is the diff between Forte and Forte II.

I've read that the original Forte are better.

Here is a pair on ebay I'm looking at: item 5778275451

Around $400, sound like a fair deal.

Appreciate ANY feedback, suggestions, etc.

Cheers, E.