Can you run the digital sub out from DVD into the RSW-15?

Klipsch RF7

Hi Guys,

I have a Denon DVD-2200 and it has the seperate outs for the multi channels. Can i run the RCA out from the subwoofer output from the back of the DVD into the RSW-15? Where is the single input on the sub located? And will I need a regular RCA cable to achieve this?

Thanks

yes, it will work fine. you'll need the usual single subwoofer cable. the single LFE input is the "L" RCA pre-in on the sub.

and the player's sub output is NOT unfiltered. the dvd player's 80Hz fixed crossover WILL still work for you in that sort of connection. so you'll want to DISABLE the sub's low-pass filter as the player's crossover WILL be crossing-over the sub output. the filtered sub signal from the player will consist of LFE as well as anything below the player's 80Hz crossover that's been rerouted from any speakers set to SMALL in the player (not your receiver!). if no speakers are set to SMALL in the player's menu, then the sub signal will be purely LFE only.

the problem with this sort of setup is that the sub's output will not change when your receiver/pre/pro's master volume is changed and it will have to be adjusted constantly.

can you describe exactly what it is you're trying to do, connection-wise? why do you need to connect it that way? is it because the RSW15 has no high level inputs/outputs?

Thanks alot for the tips! I currently have left and right from the DVD going into monobloc tube amps feeding RF-7's, I have the center channel output going into into a Scott 99-D vintage 60's mono tube amp with volume control for the Klipsch RC-7, Now i just need to run the sub output to the sub and we are good as gold :)

----------------

On 6/1/2005 8:02:24 AM Klipsch RF7 wrote:

Thanks alot for the tips! I currently have left and right from the DVD going into monobloc tube amps feeding RF-7's, I have the center channel output going into into a Scott 99-D vintage 60's mono tube amp with volume control for the Klipsch RC-7, Now i just need to run the sub output to the sub and we are good as gold
:)

----------------

just curious, how are you managing "volume adjustment"?

----------------

On 6/1/2005 2:34:55 PM sivadselim wrote:

just curious, how are you managing "volume adjustment"?

----------------

I have a tube preamp that the left and right channel go into to run the left and right main mono amps which are Dynaco Mark III's. The center channel amp has its own bass and treble and volume control, its a scott integrated 99-D mono tube amp.