Altec Valencia

Deang

Dean,

I don't have a network schematic but my girl friend has a pair. I think she would let me take them apart and get pics if that would help. (You don't suppose they put a schematic inside the cabinet do you?)

A lot of the Altec crossovers are inside of cans.

Dean -- Joind the dark side and log onto the Lansing Heritage forums. Ask fot eh schematic for one. I have found them to be really helpful. They don't get upset at all like we do here (NOT). 2.gif

Seriously, try them out:

Lansing Heritage site

Some of those guys do funny things. They bias the caps in the crossovers, etc. Refinish cabinets. Build them from scratch. Sounds like us, except the parts cost way more.

Saw a pic of a Solen cap that looked the size of a soda can.

Marvel

----------------

On 6/5/2005 7:52:34 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

the Valencia backs don't come off, at least on the "B"

----------------

Oh hell, if they can put them together I can pull them apart! (That is, if she will let me)

The 846B uses the N800K network. Early versions used the rear mount 15" frame 416-8Z and had removable backs, later versions used the 16" frame and were front mounted.

HF is 811B+806-8A

The model 19 came out in 1976 and replaced the 846B, they had the same component group.

The N1201-8A network for the 19 sounds quite a bit better than the 846B network.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jmarkwart/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/n1201-8a.pdf