Which speakers sould I buy???

Dawgheadus

I have Sonic Frontiers tube gear, and I'm thinking of buying either the KLF 30s or the RF-7s. Have any of you ever heard the RF-7s? The stereo shop here in town doesn't have the RF-7s or the KLF 30s cwm25.gif . I have found a great deal on a pair of KLF 30s on the internet, but if the RF-7s sound better, I wait and buy those cwm7.gif .

Thanks, JJ

Alex,

I've been using Chorus IIs and a Velodyne CT-150. I sold my Chorus'and my sub to my brother last week. That setup had a wonderful sound, but I'm looking for a speaker with more detail and a sweeter midrange. I think the RF-7s will do the jod well for me.

PS: I have owned K-Horns, La Scalas, Belles, and I have a pair of Heresy IIs right now. I love the heritage line, but they're like a girl with BIG hair. They're great, but if you stay around them too long, they become annoying cwm2.gif

Thanks, JJ

Hey everybody,

I knew that wise crack would stir some emotions around here , but I couldn't resist it cwm9.gif . Klipsch Heritage are the only speakers that I have ever owned. I've been buying highend stereo equipment since 1987, and there has been no substitute for Klipsch Heritage since then. I have auditoned several different more expensive brand speakers, but I have not yet found any speakers that fit my tubes better than Klipsch Heritage. Now that I've gotton that off of my chest, I feel 100% better. I have read that the new RF-7 is suppose to be a break though speaker for Klipsch. That's why I have an interrest in the 7s. I hope that my curosity dosen't turn into regret though. Maybe I should wait to here them with my own ears. Who knows? I have always been a sucker for better sound and especially Klipsch sound.

PS: Alex, since your post, I have found a mint pair of Cornwalls for a good price. I may buy them just to have them. Cornwalls are the only speakers in the Heritage line that I haven't owned. If the Cornwalls turn out to be great with my tubes, I may put the RF-7s on the back burner for now.

Thanks, JJ

This message has been edited by Dawgheadus on 09-09-2001 at 05:17 PM

Haven't heard the 7's--I am sure they are another great KLIPSCH speaker--you just have to listen to decide. Sometimes I STILL do a double take when hearing something for the first time on the Cornwalls--so real and clear its spooky---I may someday own the 7's or another Klipsch speaker---but, I will never part with my Cornwalls.

------------------

Johnny

Well folks,

I didn't win the auction. The cornwalls that I told you all about were on Ebay. Zebrawood, in Atlanta, 30 miles away, man, I have always wanted a pair Klipsch speakers in Zebrawood. I really wasn't concerned with what series they were. Hell, they're all good. Klipsch doesn't make speakers in Zebrawood anymore. That's the main reason for me wanting these speakers. my last bid was for $750, and the guy before me must have bid more, so I lost out. What a bummer.

JJ

cwm45.gif

This message has been edited by Dawgheadus on 09-10-2001 at 12:16 PM

I have heard good things about the Sonic Frontiers gear, I think if you already have that kind of front end, you should go for the RF7s, or like suggested here try to fit some big old classic horns in your budget and your room ...

------------------

horns, tubes, subs, leather couch & female vocalists