Advice for Matching Older Klipsch's

hrsimon

Hello, I'm new to the board and seeking assistance in putting together my HDTV Home Theatre system. I have the following older Klipsch Speakers: 2 x KG 5.5, 2 x KSB 2.1, 2 x KG 1, 1 x KV 2, and 1 x SWV.

The system (arriving in 10 days) will be powered by a Marantz SR-18EX, running a Mitsubishi Diamond 55907 Projection TV, Mitsubishi SRHD-400 HDTV/DirecTV receiver, Denon DCM-460 CD Changer, RCA-5215P DVD Player.

The Marantz puts out 140 watts to each of 5 channels. Given this, will my current speakers suffice initally? Granted the KV-2 will be center channel and SWV the subwoofer. How might I best leverage the remaining 6 speakers? Should I need to make a change, which models are suggested that I consider?

Finally, I'm moving my Denon AVR-2500 into the bedroom and want quality sound yet a smaller speaker footprint so I'm considering the Quintet's. Suggestions?

Regards,

Horst

Hi Horst,

I can't comment on the main part of your post, but I can certainly recommend a listen to the RB-5 "bookshelf" speakers for your bedroom with the Denon. The RB-5s are of modest size, but have a wonderful sound - I chose them over the tower models because I preferred the sound. Although I use a sub with them for HT, I don't for music.

Ross