Eagles' Farewell Tour I

MrMcGoo

----------------

On 7/25/2005 9:45:17 PM tkdamerica wrote:

I have been watching this DVD several days in a row. FYI: I got this DVD used at Hastings for $8.99.(They had approximately 20 of them) I am not a huge Eagles fan but enjoyed "Hell Freezes over." I like this one even better and for the price it was a steal!
10.gif

----------------

8.99 id certainly a good price. I am contemplating going to my local Hastings and picking up a used copy for 9.99.

Farewell and good ridence! Greedy Ba$tards.

I love Joe Walsh though. I played "So What" to death when I was a kid. Saw him about 10 years ago and was a bit dissappointed that he still puts on that "burned-out" act.

Talented group but they keep these farewell tours going with absolutely ridiculous ticket prices! How much money do they need?????14.gif

A comment on Joe.

I must admit to his having that 'Ossie' manner about him!

I had the opportunity to meet him in Nashville with a few mutual friends.

But don't let his hayseed manner fool you! The guy has it going on upstairs, even if his manner doesn't seem to reflect it! And with a razor wit...

And if you need verification of this, you need to hear him and Bob Heil talk ham radio! The tubes are definately glowing then!!!

And then there is the story of his car ( I believe a Caddy), that extended out from beyond an awning and was encrusted with 6-8 inches of pigeon poop! He would not clean it off and the running stories I heard regarding that were hilarious. I wish I could recall them well enough to repeat them correctly! But the basic scenario should give you a clue!

As for the rest of the band, we worked with Tim (Timothy B.!;-)Schmidt from the old days when working with Poco (71-73) - up through the Crazy Eyes tour ('73, I think! As we did the gigs with Beautiful Day and Croce prior to that through 72). That was back in the days after Messina decided to get off the road and produce (which lasted a couple of months before he was out with Loggins!!!) and Paul Cotton came over from Illinois Speed Press. And George's divorce from Hell. Nice guys! And Ritchie is a prince... But then Poco is another subject altogether! A band who deserved to be bigger and fell victim to the early political rock/country schism.

----------------

On 7/30/2005 10:05:16 PM D-Rex wrote:

8.99 id certainly a good price. I am contemplating going to my local Hastings and picking up a used copy for 9.99.

----------------

They had it for $9.99, but if you purchased 3 dvd's you saved another $31.gif

Insofar as Joe Walsh is concerned, He is INCREDIBLE and he makes the band for me. I was more of a Stones fan, but Keith Richards can't compare to the guitar playing ability and genuine showmanship of Mr. Walsh , IMHO.2.gif

Great DVD Set , I picked it up last week at Costco . I saw Don's solo show about 14 years ago . It was supposedly the first tour that he was legaly allowed to perform Eagles songs . I think there must have been some bad blood at the time . Anywhoo the first half of the show he did all his solo stuff then after a break he jumped on the drums and killed it with all the old Eagles tunes . It makes the hair on my arms stand up just thinking about it , even after all these years . I saw Joe's show several months later and it wasn't too impressive . Anyway the Eagles have rolled into town twice since then and allthough I would have loved to have seen the shows I would never pay $100.00 to see any band , " unless Elvis came out of hiding " even then I don't know might be a tuff call . The DVD set has great quality audio and picture . Much more reasonable price than what it would cost to see these guys in person . $100.00 Tickets , Who Do You Think You Are Fleetwood Mac !!! 10.gif