lets see YOUR two channel setups

• 5 months later...

Heres mine a few updates to the turntable, since I have purchased this from Ed, I have been adding every free tweak as possible. Since I don't have much money and do have some friends with connections. Latest updates are I found some 1" square tubbing to make the shelf and my roommate works for a glass company so that smoked piece of glass didn't cost me anything, another friend works for a local power company that has a machinest that made the feet. I still have rumbling sound but I think thats from a bent motor shaft cause it only hits when it when the belt gets tighter(i think)

I need to add a spell checker, so excuse the spelling

Man I have a few albums that I love to listen to especially when I make changes. The Wall is one of them and evertime I listen I hear more and more, almost brings tears to my eyes. Man I have noticed some tighter bass I don't know if that is the new feet or what but wow.

Oh yea I almost forgo pics.

OK, it's crude, but I'm a dude. I use the Onkyo as 2-channel AND 5.1 amplifier. The white MWMs clones have their own power amps with active rolloff at 180 Hz. the rest of the horns are all passive. Center and rears only used for movies, as are the Khorn bass bin clones in the hallway (used as EQ'd subwoofers).

Dude, with all that......time to get a larger TV! Wink

Got a Panasonic Blue Ray and an LG 240 Hz. LCD tv.....47" 9 ft. away........fabulous. I just wanted to wait until I could to both for under a kilobuck. Mission accomplished.Need to update Avatar,since I also put the double tweeters in the corners for much better "air."

Rivernuggets glad they are working out for your buddy, how did you hang them from the wall. I am looking for ideas for my Heresies when I use them for surround duty.

Jason thats the way to go was it a white van down by the river, I like that receiver. I just have a pair of jvc for the garage maybe someday I can find some hips for the garage.

Jason thats the way to go was it a white van down by the river, I like that receiver. I just have a pair of jvc for the garage maybe someday I can find some hips for the garage.

LOL, no river but dam close to Lake Michigan, the American Acoustic 4 ways were freebies, they sound pretty good after sealing the cabinet properly.

The Pioneer is a decent unit, perfect for garage/workshop tunes anyways.

how did you hang them from the wall

Sorry to say, but we used eyescrews (below) - a pair for each speaker. My friend wanted it easy & simple. He had the materials on hand and wanted them up and running. He bought them off me, so....we drilled holes in speakers. Makes me cringe putting it in writing. May the powers that be forgive what I have done.

For each speaker we used a wall hook attached to a stud. Piano wire connects the wall hook and eyescrew. By attaching the eyescrews ~7" down from the top of the speaker, they angle downward naturally.

post-34666-13819616909188_thumb.jpg

post-34666-13819620890518_thumb.jpg

Piano wire connects the wall hook and eyescrew.

I hope you used the wire from one of those rarely-used notes. That shop is WAY too clean (with a---or two!---) grand pianos!! Surprise

Haha! We have piano wire in cannisters (various gauges) for restringing. I agree, man - surgery can happen on any one of his tables.

This is the HT end of my set up. When in 2CH mode the CF3s are used but are powered by an amp on the other side of the room. I use a Niles SPK - 1 for switching. Sometimes when busy and running around the domo I'll just select "Blues" on my cable box and listen through my Sony receiver, but it's just not the same as the Phase.

post-32617-13819617104874_thumb.jpg

post-32617-13819621042842_thumb.jpg

Here's the rest of the downstairs guts....

The Phase Preamp is currently in a box and on its way for service. It has issues and the Pioneer sounds just great. I have budgetary issues so this is about the best I can do. It makes ME smile, so that's what counts. I'll upgrade someday.

post-32617-13819617120294_thumb.jpg

post-32617-13819621052688_thumb.jpg

Well TC fans not much has changed since my last post except the hanging turntable shelf is empty and just waiting to take on it's newe Well Tempered Amadeus GT any day now, I'm sure updated photo's to followWink

Speaking of updates, you need to make me an offer on my MWMs clone woofers to go under those LaScalas and get you some real horn BASS to below 40 hz.. Think of it as a thin Khorn bottom and you get the idea.

That way I can finish building my LAB 3.0 horns and get into the below 30 Hz. range.......win win

I just knew there was an ulterior motive happening here Claude[:o] I'm not sure with my gabled cieling if I could get those puppies up under the Las[:|]

Here is my latest iteration of the Kaiser Cave[;)]

The business end (seems to be getting more crowded all the time) and the pleasure end!

post-18681-13819617123184_thumb.jpg

post-18681-13819621055176_thumb.jpg

Kaiser is your turntable hanging from the ceiling, if so how did you go about it. I have just moved my table from the rack to a wall mount to the fact of flimsy floorboards, that every time I walked around I had to tip toe. Now I can jump up and down next to my shelf mounted table and nothing happens. But since I have Fortes that load up the bass in the walls this is no good at higher levels, great at low levels great detail. But some times I would like to crank it up, so I think the next mounting location is from the ceiling.

Nice looking room by the way I would love to have a attic room.

duder