lets see YOUR two channel setups

?

Here is the very first matching, built at the same time set of VRD's and NBS preamplifier burning in..... this is my living room system which I use Tannoy System 15 DMT studio monitors that use the gold drivers... not Klipsch but what they do they do very well!

Very nice setup. Is that walnut?

Luther,

Yes it is! Thanks for the compliment! By the way I have meant to call you back a number of times and have been completely swamped with work and life for the last like 10 months. So those awesome SET amps you sent are still nestled safely in those awesome shipping boxes you fabricated. I'll get to playing with them eventually. I'll have some extensive web work for you very soon so I hope your not too busy like me!

Cheers Craig

Here is the very first matching, built at the same time set of VRD's and NBS preamplifier burning in..... this is my living room system which I use Tannoy System 15 DMT studio monitors that use the gold drivers... not Klipsch but what they do they do very well!

Craig, nice job on the pic, they look good. Put my name on the list as well.

Tom

?

Luther,

Yes it is! Thanks for the compliment! By the way I have meant to call you back a number of times and have been completely swamped with work and life for the last like 10 months. So those awesome SET amps you sent are still nestled safely in those awesome shipping boxes you fabricated. I'll get to playing with them eventually. I'll have some extensive web work for you very soon so I hope your not too busy like me!

Cheers Craig

Craig said "awesome SET amps".

This goes down in the history books Oct 1 2013.

?

Luther,

Cheers Craig

seti,

Don't get your panties all wet just yet. I missed a word in my sentence..."looking" Sorry to get you all excited' Obviously like my writing eluded too since I have never heard the amps and in fact have only seen a picture of them so far I have no idea what they sound like. I think I will not be shocked .....been there and done that many times. What SET amps do they do well. They just don't do enough for my taste. What they don't do is important to me. T

he amplifier is here for some work.

?

Luther,

Cheers Craig

seti,

Don't get your panties all wet just yet. I missed a word in my sentence..."looking" Sorry to get you all excited' Obviously like my writing eluded too since I have never heard the amps and in fact have only seen a picture of them so far I have no idea what they sound like. I think I will not be shocked .....been there and done that many times. What SET amps do they do well. They just don't do enough for my taste. What they don't do is important to me. T

he amplifier is here for some work.

Fair enough....

I spewed coffee when I read that the first time.

Luther's projects are always well done.

• 3 months later...

Large speakers like Khorns, Bells and some subs, ect., I don't see why an amp would be bad sitting on top of it. In theory vibration and solder joint damage don't make a true difference in the majority of cases. I have my sub amp on top of the sub.

Good point. Most, if not all, powered subs have their amps attached to the back wall of the sub's cabinet.
Yes, but the point that the poster was making speficially mentions "Tubes" and the theory is.. if I walk up and flick one with nothing playing, I would hear it's "microphonic" distorion. I say, "There are better things in life to worry about." They only thing better than what I have would be a set of Jubilees with a furniture grade finish. DSC00494.jpg

Only quoting to say that that is one KILLER set up!!

• Like 1

Well I finally got rid of the 27" thousand pound CRT boat anchor that sat on the Man Cave floor in favor of my new 40" LCD. Even though she could care less about my room I got WAF!

You ever thought about putting springs and dampeners in that suspended Turntable? Such a cool mounting!

Well I guess I could oBo but as is you can be right in front of that rack jumping up and down (that is 235lbs in my case) and that Soundsmith tracks like a train on tracks going across a flat desert!

THX Boxx, I'm liking this configuration and what I really like about this Dayton mount is it swivels so the wife can get her out of season clothes and Christmas boxes out of those storage closets in the back:-)

kaiser,

I am imagining that the imaging with the LS is superb with the clear space between them and the open space behind them. My LS sounded the best set up that way but I can't do that in the new house.

Bruce

• Moderators

Probably did this before, but here goes nothing.

Usually that black bench seat along the left wall has clothes waiting to be folded and put away OR it's used as sound absorbers to adjust the sound of the room...............yea that's the story I'm sticking with !

post-9700-0-71580000-1390714086_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

Usually that black bench seat along the left wall has clothes waiting to be folded and put away OR it's used as sound absorbers to adjust the sound of the room...............yea that's the story I'm sticking with !

Clothes usually just pile on my bed, I think it gives the wife a excuse why things don't happen there "No night right now there are clean close on the bed"

Nice room DTEL