lets see YOUR two channel setups

kaiser,

I am imagining that the imaging with the LS is superb with the clear space between them and the open space behind them. My LS sounded the best set up that way but I can't do that in the new house.

Bruce

I think so Bruce, they gave me 7/11 over on the Las bass thread recently and I guess if you have my room and setup there is plenty bass for music :D

• Moderators
That sound system blends right in.

Not like that killer you put together, I never even moved up to midbass much less what you have built, but we am happy.

Also those mwm bins I got from you are working great, we use them for anything we do outside, when I'm working outside and there is no rain in the forecast I leave them out,(covered at night) they fill a large area with nice sound, I move them around with the tractor, fork lift attachment on the front end loader, not by hand.

When I got them from you it was just to get the measurements to build the set inside, after that I didn't know what to do with them. It then hit me, add some kind of top and use them outside, perfect because everything I tried outside sounded weak in the bass except these, they work great outside. I found some K43's, K400 horns from Klipsch with some Crites tweets with AA crossovers in a top like a split LaScala, not perfect but great for outside.

You and JC created a monster ! Thanks

• Moderators

Thank you JWC, None of this would have happened if not for YOU and Mark...THANK YOU we love it.

Those horns on his avatar are there for a reason :blink: LOL You are not the only one in the Pied Pipers trail, IB Slammin' and Seti have bigger one too now :rolleyes:

I am just happy to be in that trail to have the chance to get those parts. I was trying to figure out what amps to try and JC said try some of the Crown D 75's, there easy to find on line used and sound good if you don't need lots of power, he was right we still use a pair.

I got to hear marks room before I had mine running, but it was before it grew much larger, it's about twice the size from when I heard it ! :o

Edited by dtel

• 3 years later...

A fairly recent shot. Driving a pair of Cornie II's and AR 2ax's. Yes, they work well together. Using the Fisher 500C on the 4th row(have since moved it up on the rack) to drive them both, which it does well.  Garrard Lab 80 and AR TX(early version of the XA) on the rack as well, with a Yamaha T-2 tuner and a Fisher X100-B integrated which I also use sometime with either pair of speakers. 

1128171313.jpg

A slightly older wider shot with a view of the other turntable, a Dual 1019 and some of the collection. 

1112171347.jpg

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, shiva said:

I would like to hear more about those speakers in the vintage room. They Look impressive.  

The large speakers are 1968 JBL C50 Olympus. I have modified them so the mid horn and tweeter are no longer in the cabinet. I blocked off their locations (see pic). I replaced the factory conical horn with a custom wood JBL 2397 horn that you see sitting on top of the cabinet. The JBL 2405 tweeter sits on top of those.

c50_blockoff.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

Back from the dead, an old thread lives again. I haven't posted in this thread in many many years. The only constant is change and my systems evolve over time.

My living room

living_room.jpg

I seen your post in the past and it is the #1 system over time and true Hi Fi!  You  get all my kudo's to a job well done!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

My living room

living_room.jpg

Absolutely grand, unsurpassed, unbelievable, incomparable, distinguished, unparalleled, outstanding, momentous, supreme, awesome! (And the same applies to your "other rooms :) ) My compliments SIR! I raise my glass to you!

Cheers, Emile