lets see YOUR two channel setups

Here is my very modest two-channel rig that I got setup down in my basement:

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

A pair of Pioneer CS-99A's hooked up to a Cambridge Audio Azure A640 Integrated amp, sourced by a Pioneer Elite DV-79AVi DVD/SACD/CD player, which I am using in pure 2-channel mode. To bad I don't have any SACDs or DVD-Audio disks, though. That player almosts seems like overkill for this particular setup. Also have a on old Technics SL-QL15 linear arm record player. Nothing particularly fancy, but it actally is a pretty decent little turn-table. Hey, 'thebes' gave it to me a few years ago, so it is nice to finally be able to put it to use. Since the Cambridge Audio amp did not have a phono stage, I've managed to source a Pro-Ject Phono Box II on the forum, which certainly does the job. Actually a nice little unit that certainly does what it is advertised to do. Eventually I would like to get a better turn-table. I also need to spring for a decent record cleaner. Seems like that Spin-Doctor thing has gotten some nice write-ups both here on the forum as well as elsewhere, and for only $80. Will have to go order one up. Also using an old Yamaha YST-40 sub-woofer that is a leftover from my previous HT rig (before the current RF-7/B&K rig that I now have). Had it laying around, so figured, why not put it to use? It is actually a pretty decent sounding little sub. Not overpowering and seems to just enhance the bottom end. I am actually surprised at how musical and accurate the thing actually is, especially for being such a cheap, low-end model.

Eventually would like to get better speakrs as well. I actually got those Pioneer CS-99As for free. Several years ago, one of my co-workers had them and was just going to throw them away. He asked me if I wanted them, so, of course, I took them. These are actually pretty decent speakers. Still, I hopefully got a line on a pair of Cornwalls that I found in the Richmond, VA area for around $650. I did try to call the guy, but never did hear back from him, although the ad is still on Craigslist. I'll try to call him again tomorrow and hopefully he still has them.

Anyway, there you have it - nothing particularly fancy, but still a fun little system to toy around with and to listen to records on.

Very nice! Now, tell me about the wall on which the monitor hangs. Also, do you have an English version of your German Klipsch forum?

The wall is made out of real slate. I used silicone to glue them on a wooden subconstruction.

For the forum: You could use the Google page translator! Posting in english won't be a problem...as a member you can also browse the user-gallery where you can find some pretty nice setups.

Robert

Thanks, Robert. That wall looks great. Holding it off the back wall allows room for wires, and those cool lights. You did the work yourself? Very handy!

Did you apply the gloss finish to your speakers yourself? I'd guess you had to take them to an auto finisher. I would be terrified of having to transport them home, up stairs, etc.! How durable is the finish? Again, it's a striking display.

Thanks, Robert. That wall looks great. Holding it off the back wall allows room for wires, and those cool lights. You did the work yourself? Very handy!

Did you apply the gloss finish to your speakers yourself? I'd guess you had to take them to an auto finisher. I would be terrified of having to transport them home, up stairs, etc.! How durable is the finish? Again, it's a striking display.

Thanks for all the warm words. The slate wall is my work.

The speakers were done by an auto finisher...it's really durable but it took 3 guys to carry the speakers without getting any scratches [:)]

Robert

• 7 months later...

Tonight I proudly present my setup.

It consists of 2 Nubert AW-1000 subwoofers which are made in germany.

For alignement of the woofers I use 2 DSPEAKER 8033. These small devices kill the room-modes - especially the one

around 39hz.

To add some spice to the sound I use 2 Alto-Q parametric equalizers.

Turntable is aTD2001 with a Lyra Dorian pickup.

Phonoamp is integtated within the ML 320s.

The scalas I own for 5 years now and they will last.

Have a nice day

Jack

post-20974-1381964157613_thumb.jpg

Tonight I proudly present my setup.

It consists of 2 Nubert AW-1000 subwoofers which are made in germany.

For alignement of the woofers I use 2 DSPEAKER 8033. These small devices kill the room-modes - especially the one

around 39hz.

To add some spice to the sound I use 2 Alto-Q parametric equalizers.

Turntable is aTD2001 with a Lyra Dorian pickup.

Phonoamp is integtated within the ML 320s.

The scalas I own for 5 years now and they will last.

Have a nice day

Jack

sweet! that's impressive!!

• 9 months later...