lets see YOUR two channel setups

Nice PM, CD previewing at the one of your vinyl templesWink I've never seen you take a bad shot of gear in how many years is it now? Anyway my latest acquisitions have been new power for the Las and a secondary video set up in Cave De Kaiser, picked up the Jolida FX-10 after all the print hype and I must say she is pretty sweet and refined as opposed to the Qinpu A-3 I had been driving them with (Qinpu currently my desktop headphone amp at the office) which has proven to be no slouch in either case but the Jolida does sound more refined and a we bit more powerful on the Las. Keep'em coming gang as "Show me yer 2 channel" is a candy store for the eyesBig Smile

Friggin' laser beams for eyes!

Just finished my "vintage" 2-channel setup for the pool room.

Marantz 4270 Quad-Channel

TubeDAC-01A

Denon DP-1200 w/ DynaVector 10x5

Pioneer DVL-909 for CD Playback

Cornwals (courtesy of Carl in Sanford)

KP-320s (Probably gonna put these on the selling block soon, taking up too much space)

post-55186-13819691919072_thumb.png

Friggin' laser beams for eyes!

Just finished my "vintage" 2-channel setup for the pool room.

Marantz 4270 Quad-Channel

TubeDAC-01A

Denon DP-1200 w/ DynaVector 10x5

Pioneer DVL-909 for CD Playback
Cornwals (courtesy of Carl in Sanford)

KP-320s (Probably gonna put these on the selling block soon, taking up too much space)

Very nice!

Do you mean KP-302s? I can't find 320s, and they look to be the right size.

Nice room!

If that's you in your avatar, do you play banjo for the fun of it or professionally? (or both... can't imagine playing an instrument if it wasn't fun... [:)] )

Bruce

Do you mean KP-302s? I can't find 320s, and they look to be the right size.

Nice room!

If that's you in your avatar, do you play banjo for the fun of it or professionally? (or both... can't imagine playing an instrument if it wasn't fun... Smile )

Bruce

Bruce...

He just uses that banjo to keep his girlfriend in line.... couple three smacks and she straitens right out!!!! [6] [6] [6] [6] [6] [6] [6] [6] [6] [6] [6]

Neele.... looking good my brotha!

I just scored this rather tall rack from work. They were going to toss it out but fortunately I was just in time. I didn't like it at first but it is growing on me. The computer on top is a music server experiment. I am surprised at how quiet it is and I like it for when I'm working around the house. The turntable is still awaiting the teak plinth......

newrrack2.jpg

SETI ......

I think you should put the R2R on top...... Has kind of a 007, evil vilan lair feel with that rack..... "Tubefinger"!!!!!!!!!

You know I might just do that. The monitor for the music server isn't big so it may fit there. A remote mouse would be great. The shelves are adjustable but a PITA. TUBEFINGER!!!!! lol

A 1U rack mount server if you can find one cheap would look better than the desktop on its side. I have like 5 of them in a closet but they are older Dell Pentium 4 units.

It might look better but they aee too long and wide. Also 1u rack mount servers have very loud fans. I had two to test. The desktop may be ugly but is dead quiet. I tested 3 servers and 4 desktops before picking this one. It had the quietest fans. When I upgrade it will be a mini Mac which is ultra quiet.

It might look better but they aee too long and wide. Also 1u rack mount servers have very loud fans.

You got that right! Most serious 1U rack mounts are a good two feet from front to back and have very high velocity fans to move the air through them.Almost too loud even when placed in another room . Large cases like some of the Dell or HPs are almost totally silent.

Nice to see the RTR, seti.

Bruce

It might look better but they aee too long and wide. Also 1u rack mount servers have very loud fans.

You got that right! Most serious 1U rack mounts are a good two feet from front to back and have very high velocity fans to move the air through them.Almost too loud even when placed in another room . Large cases like some of the Dell or HPs are almost totally silent.

Nice to see the RTR, seti.

Bruce

It is too bad because I have so many spare servers but they are made to move air through them and not quietly.

I actually have a Johnny Cash qued on the RTR. It has a good home 8-) I am going to send it for a refurb soon. I like it.

Welcome to the Forum, 2point1. Very nice 2.1 setup there.

Just a suggestion....it would be good to get your RB-61 IIs up off the floor. There is a Forum member selling new Sanus speaker stands for $40. I bought a pair from him and they work very well. Last I knew he still has many left. Here is the link.

Very cool to see a Minidisc home deck! I was deep into MDs in the early 2000s. Still have a couple portables and many live recordings on discs. Sold my awesome home deck a few years ago, though. [:(] The MXD-D400:

post-34666-13819692007018_thumb.jpg

I just scored this rather tall rack from work. They were going to toss it out but fortunately I was just in time. I didn't like it at first but it is growing on me. The computer on top is a music server experiment. I am surprised at how quiet it is and I like it for when I'm working around the house. The turntable is still awaiting the teak plinth......

newrrack2.jpg

That is an excellent reel to reel unit... It is generally strong after many years of use....

It is too bad because I have so many spare servers but they are made to move air through them and not quietly.

If you have spares not being used you could experiment for a few days by disconnecting some (or all) of the offending fans on one of your servers and see how it runs. I have a box with a coolermaster case that one of the fans was in the way so I removed it and it didnt matter. The cpu temp monitor software never had any problem and I've been running that box continuously since 2003. Remember too cell phones have no fans and some now have dual 1 GHz processors. No way to get around the size though. 18" x 24"

If you have spares not being used you could experiment for a few days by disconnecting some (or all) of the offending fans on one of your servers and see how it runs. I have a box with a coolermaster case that one of the fans was in the way so I removed it and it didnt matter. The cpu temp monitor software never had any problem and I've been running that box continuously since 2003. Remember too cell phones have no fans and some now have dual 1 GHz processors. No way to get around the size though. 18" x 24"

You are correct but I am lazy. I work on computers all the time so I rarely do so for myself. I do have a 1u server at work in a rack running a subsonic music server which I can access from anywhere which is nice. It even has an iphone app..

To be honest I did not think the sound quality would be good enough to keep it in the rack. Now that I have tried it I really like it. It is handy for when I am casual listening and working around the house or have had too many beers to drop a needle properly. When I get tired of looking at that one I'll find the smallest computer that can take my sound card. I'd also like to try the ssd drives. It would be fun to do an ssd raid since I haven't done that before.