lets see YOUR two channel setups

Nice pickup! Looks like I was not the only one buying more gear today, he he. She gave that to you for only $30.

Thanks derek, yea 30 bucks as they are clearing away everything to remodel a beautiful victorian home!

I got this piano stool for 10 dollars, it'll be perfect for sitting in front of 2 channel rig sorting thru LP's

Talk about a hot seat..........................

• Moderators

Youth, how do the B&W's sound on that NAD?

I'm really enjoying it....at least I think. The sound isn't "enveloping" as I would like. Not sure if that's the speakers or the amp.

I'm considering buying maybe an Acurus 250 x 2 amp to see how that compares to the NAD.

I made a couple subtle changes this week... Adding Bel Canto REF 500M's in pre out from the Pioneer.

sound quality is amazing, one of the best upgrades I have made. Sound resolution, spatial qualities and graininess have all improved greatly. it was/is the sound I was looking for. One thing that has happened is the integration of the sub woofer is no longer seamless... I need to get in there and tweek a little more on it.

I think I would like to try a different turntable pre amp for the MC sometime soon.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/9819549695_1f1692a55a_o.jpg

9819549695_41c2cf1bd2_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3703/9819549396_b231b554df_o.jpg

9819549396_3361315420_b.jpg

test drive Akira Ifukube

Youthman my 2 channel system is currently in a large room like yours. Because I don't sit at the apex of the eqilateral triangle, my 2 channel listne expererience varies in the room and from seat to seat. Also, do to WAF I really can't put up wall Tx's to help with imaging so my 2 channel experience is compromised to some degree. Is it bad no, could it be better, yes. I think it is the best that I can do in this room. On further thought, almost any other room in hm house would be better for music due to the size, lol. I wonder if you may be experiencing a similar probelm The room may be the biggest problem.

• Moderators

I ordered a Toslink cable since currently, I have the 2ch setup using RCA. The Marantz DVD player looks like it's a nice unit but it weights like 4 ounces (exagerating). Feels like a cheap $39 dvd player from walmart. So I just switched from Analog to using Toslink and although I've only listened to part of a song, it seems like it has more dynamics, better detail and an overall smoother sound. I like what I hear so far. With the analog, the Marantz DAC was being used but with the Toslink connected, the HK DAC is being used. I would think the HK would have more of what I'm looking for.

I'll do some more tests and will post more of my thoughts to see if my heard initially is in fact true.

I made a couple subtle changes this week.

Interesting little furniture bridge you fashioned there!

I actually have four of those solid walnut end tables(so I could use three together)... but really, that set up (while maybe not ideal) is extremely sturdy and stable as is. I can not even feel the center speaker vibrate during HT duty, therefore I placed the rega on it and have zero issues.

it's a very sturdy bridge [:D]

I made a couple subtle changes this week... Adding Bel Canto REF 500M's in pre out from the Pioneer.

sound quality is amazing, one of the best upgrades I have made. Sound resolution, spatial qualities and graininess have all improved greatly. it was/is the sound I was looking for. One thing that has happened is the integration of the sub woofer is no longer seamless... I need to get in there and tweek a little more on it.

I think I would like to try a different turntable pre amp for the MC sometime soon.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/9819549695_1f1692a55a_o.jpg

9819549695_41c2cf1bd2_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3703/9819549396_b231b554df_o.jpg

9819549396_3361315420_b.jpg

test drive Akira Ifukube

Very nice, indeed....