Which Next?

Wolf

I have a pair of RB-35's and a RC-35 powered by a Pioneer 1014. I'm using a pair of Bose 201's for surrounds. Yeah I know...

Anyway I am looking at either a RW-12 or a pair of RS-35's next. Which would make the most sense given that I won't likely be able to afford the one left for a couple of months? I am able to get a VERY good deal locally on either one.

Wolf

The RSW-12 has a bigger amp and a better cabinet with a passive radiator. It plays louder, goes lower, has no port noise and has less cabinet resonance.

Look at the new Sub 12 in the Synergy line. On paper, it outperforms the RW-12 and is close to the RSW-12.

Subwoofers are critical to good home theater and good music IMO. Surround speakers are less important IMO.

Bill

----------------

On 6/27/2005 1:05:34 PM gcoker wrote:

I second Shane's advice.

----------------

I third it, I moved from Bookshelf's to floor-standers for mains, and would never go back to running bookshelf's for mains 2.gif

• Like 1

MrMcGoo, you said that the SUB-12 outperform the RW-12 on paper, but in reality, which one is better, I'm really wondering which one I should buy because I don't know any store in my area that carry the SUB-12 so I'd have to order it. I heard the RW-12 and I thought it was really good...

Wolf, I would also go with the sub then get the RF-35!

----------------

On 6/27/2005 3:12:02 PM vgtvidz wrote:

MrMcGoo, you said that the SUB-12 outperform the RW-12 on paper, but in reality, which one is better, I'm really wondering which one I should buy because I don't know any store in my area that carry the SUB-12 so I'd have to order it. I heard the RW-12 and I thought it was really good...

Wolf, I would also go with the sub then get the RF-35!

----------------

Is there no best buy in your area? That's where the synergy line is sold. I think I would give the Sub-12 an honest listen before getting the RW-12. The guys at klipsch are pretty proud of the new synergy lineup and I believe the Sub-12 is even cheaper.

I'll second the listen to the new Subs from the Synergy line...sounded nice and perhaps the older ones got a bad rap due to their only being set up by those at Best Buy who may not have the listening enjoyment in mind..read...boom boom boom...

Bill

The RW-12 is a really nice sub to compliment the -35 reference series. I had one with my system. The sub 12 may be as good or a little better, but don't put yourself out trying to find one if it isn't feasible, the RW-12 is a darn decent sub. I only parted with it when I got an rf-7 system, because it was getting overwhelmed. I do recommend getting a sub rather than upgrading your surrounds first.

Good luck!

Scott

vgtvidz, since you are in Montreal if you can get a good deal on a RW-12 in Canada that may be your best bet. There is a Best Buy in Williston, VT right up from Burlington, VT if you don't mind traveling a little. There is also a Klipsch Reference Series dealer in the same area "The Superstore" in Williston, VT. I think that there are better dealers in Canada near you though. Use the "Find a Dealer" search.