re Forte II mains KG 2.2 Effects ??? KLF C7 center????

mbash

I will ask on more question about timber matching and will have the info I need to complete the 5.1 in my home. Will the Klf C7 match up to the Forte II w KG 2.2 effects or do I hold out for the Oak Academy ( has to be oak to make you know who happy ) As always thanks for you help and guidance it has been great.1.gif

Some like the C-7 with Forte II's. It is supposed to be a close match and an alternative to the harder to find Academy. I would suggest buying whichever one you find first, as both are rare. If you decide you don't like the C-7 you should be able to resell and recover your investment. Another alternative would be to find a single Forte II or Quartet to go above or under your TV.

I knew I wouldnt be happy until I just sucked it up and bought the academy. Now mind you the academy isnt a perfect match for the fortes, there is now horn covering the mids. and youll probly want the damn holy grail thing in your head to be at rest. I say spend the extra, Im sure you deserve it2.gif

Bash:

In a pinch, the KG2 will ALSO work as a reasonable timbre matched center. I have Forte's, the BEST match was another Forte, the NEXT best is an Academy (which I use), the third is a KG2. Can't vouch for KLF-C7, but do NOT use a Heresy - it will NOT match. Good luck!!

Chris