Klipsch shorthorn and electrovoice Aristocrat

peter101

Hi. I am new to this forum. I have 3 speakers I am thinking of selling: 1 Klipsch Shorthorn and 2 EV Aristocrats. They were my uncle's and I have had them for about 3-4 years, but they are so huge I am thinking about selling. Is ebay the way to go? They are all in outstanding condition considering the age. Is there a way to post pictures to this forum? thanks peter

You'll probably have better luck selling them here and saving yourself all the fees and aggravation associated with eBay.

Detailed descriptions and photos will go a long way to determining value and asking price. They will find good loving homes here, thanks for bringing them here first.

When posting a photo, click the "Attach File" tab first, Browse and locate your photo/photos.

If you want them to pop up within the post add this line:

#IMG src=http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/NAME OF PICTURE FILE.jpg#

only in place of the # signs use an open bracket --to the right of the P on your keyboard (I can't type one in a post--it's html and won't appear correctly) and closed bracket at the end.

Welcome to the forum!

super-- ill list upload pics later today-- what are the current prices for these? im sure shipping would be expensive too.

i know he had them hooked up with the shorthorn as the center speaker with the other two Left and Right channels. i have not done this. is this typical? im sure it would sound amazing.

Depending on whats inside the Aristocrats and the cabinet condition, they could easily fetch $150.00 each. Myabe more.

If they have the EV12TRXB coaxials, those drivers alone go for at least $125.00 a pair and I have seen some go for $250.00.

There are all sorts of component configurations in those cabinets. Some have tweeters & woofers while others a single driver. Some have the same tweeter as in a KHorn. Those tweeters alone go for $150.00 a pair on a good day.

In this case, I would put them on EBay and carefully list the components. The market value will rise to the surface because of the bidding. Really. The Aristocrats are all over the price range. Once again, due to the condition of the boxes and what components are in them.

Yes. Ebay can be a bother. But these are NOT Heresys or Cornwalls that come up all the time where the current "going price range" is pretty well known.

As far as the Shorthorn is concerned, I know almost nothing about them.

I own Aristocrats but have not seriously set them up yet with a decent driver and proper corners. Did you ever even listen to them?

Good Luck!

----------------

On 6/27/2005 11:54:24 PM peter101 wrote:

electrovoice

----------------

Peter, nice pix. Thanks.

I must say that all the enclosures are beautiful and clearly taken care of. I would think that they would fetch top dollar in an Ebay auction, although, as stated above, it's tough to say what that dollar amount is. You could research closed auctions on Ebay as a start?

Chris

I have a great-uncle who is gifting me a shorthorn he built from a kit. I've never seen it. Guess those were the mono days when one was all you needed. How cool would it be to have TWO of those babies. I think his is 12" but without the horn kit (it must have been extra)

I'll look into these to see if we can keep them 'in the family', at least the shorthorn.

Michael

I love the looks of the Shorthorn, I would love to have it but I really don't have a spot for it. I would love to use it as a center channel between my Klipschorns.

What components are in it? What is the S/N? Does it have the EV 15WK woofer or the Jensen P15LL (K-33J), University mids and tweets or K-55V/K-77?