Sub-12 or RW-12

thxsubwoofers

Hey I just got my RW-12 and I have notice that the new Klipsch Synergy subwoofer is running 300 rms and a total of 600 watts. The RW-12 subwoofer is running 340 rms and 600 total watts. I was woundering which is a better buy. Also I have one more question for the Sub-12 model what is the woofer cone made out of.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=930&s=specs

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=654&s=specs

It looks like the Sub-12 has more output (117dB versus 113dB). At least I highly doubt the RW-12 has a sensitivity of 113dB (perhaps it is a mislabeled spec). I know of no 12" driver in the world that can boast something like that. If the spec is true, then klipsch is claiming 140dB with the RW-12 (which again is "impossible").

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deon Bearden

The page is being corrected - it is NOT a 'sensitivity' spec. It's peak continuous output capabillity, 1/8'th space 1 meter. Thanks for catching the typo.

----------------

On 6/29/2005 11:24:44 PM thxsubwoofers wrote:

Hey I just got my RW-12 and I have notice that the new Klipsch Synergy subwoofer is running 300 rms and a total of 600 watts. The RW-12 subwoofer is running 340 rms and 600 total watts. I was woundering which is a better buy. Also I have one more question for the Sub-12 model what is the woofer cone made out of.

----------------

sub-12 is a better buy imo, but the rw-12 has a deep tuning FQ, a better cone material, and nicer looking finish. I think the sub-12 undermines the rw-12 a bit, but I'm not complaining.