Fantastic 4

Mighty Favog

----------------

On 7/14/2005 10:07:56 PM D-Rex wrote:

----------------

On 7/10/2005 2:09:00 PM toddvj wrote:

Here's the funny thing. These are the blurbs you'll see in the ads for this movie:

A "Really good superhero movie" -- Roger Ebert.

I'm still going to check it out, but I'm not exactly going to rush out to see it. At least my expectations won't be too high.

----------------

From what Skonopa posted, it seems Ebert's quote was taken out of context. FF is supposed to be ashamed to be playing in the same theatres as Superman, Spiderman, etc. I think I would be mad if I were Ebert...

D

----------------

Yeah, that's what they do, though. They'll take a horrible review, quote a few words out of context, and turn it into a positive statement. After all, he really did say that...

----------------

On 7/14/2005 7:50:39 PM Woodog wrote:

My son and I like to play a game while watching commercials on TV. What are they selling, how are they selling it, and to whom is the commercial directed? Is it an SUV they are selling? Or is it really escape from the life you have erected about you? etc.

----------------

That's actually quite brilliant. In 20 years time, when I have my own kids, I think I'll play this game too. If you don't mind?

• 9 months later...

Just watched it. Probably my favorite super hero movie yet. Hope they make a sequal.

You gotta be kidding , it's a stinker . "Glad I checked it out from the library" . Some good sights and sounds though . [~]
Well, I know it's no Lord of the Rings, but it was still a fun movie to watch.

I will admit though that there could have been more character development as in, showing the 4 coming to terms and learning more about the new powers they had before taking on Doom. Other than that? It was really good I thought and who can deny that Jessica Alba.... Need I say more? Oh shabam.