VintageTechnics Reciever

I have pretty much got my home theater where I want it, so now I'm looking at getting a 2-channel set up going. I currently have a Carver AV-806x and have 4 of the 6 channels bridged for a very clean 360 wpc (never use even half of that) and a Carver CT 26v DPL pre-amp. I am running a pair of old but good Scott 188T speakers. OK, what I will be doing is finding a pair of KLF 30s for the set up, because I have an all Legend theater set up and I simply LOVE the KLFs. I have always liked the Technics SA 1000 reciever coming up and thought they have a very clean sound. 330 wpc @ .03 thd, not too shabby. Does anyone have an opinion of that reciever vs the likes of my Carver set up. Would I be better served getting a pre-amp of better quality than going that route? I like loud rock and roll music. RZeally lound, punchy and clean. Any opinions? Also, where would be a good place to find a vintage Technics SA 1000? I would trade or ourchase.