Dual 15 inch Corner Bass Bin - Cornscala dbb

jwc

Yes I do need help. This has gotten addicting.

It has gotten a little boring because it is time to make them look pretty. It is alot more fun to put the cabinets together, install the drivers, make the crossover, then listen.

The pretty stuff takes a lot of SLOW work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to show you how well the wood filler and glue can touch up odd angles and small gaps. I have sanded to 220 grit at the corners/angles. Now everything looks "sharp"

This has, however, been the most unappealing part of the process so far.

01060012-small.jpg

post-16499-13819267189696_thumb.jpg

Kudos to Michael Hurd for spending time with me over the phone providing tips for painting with an HVLP.

This is the network. It is almost finalized. I will eventually rid of the alligator clips once I know what taps work with the 511b. Note the blue female connector. This is from the second low pass inductor to hook to my second woofer. Yes, I could have spent some money and got a longer terminal strip. The yellow caps are thetas.

jc

01100002-small.jpg

post-16499-13819267190586_thumb.jpg

Getting these into the garage for painting wasn't easy. They just barely fit through a standard size door. My wife helped me carry them. She won't help me get them back in the house. Guess I'll need to get a 6-pack a persuade a comrad for some help.

The sprayer definately looks better than a roller (no surprise). Goes on even. The top of the cabinet to the left shows some streaking as it is still wet.

02130010-small.jpg

post-16499-13819267191956_thumb.jpg

I just had an idea. I had contacted you about doing a cornscala project. Well I was thinking about doing a "minihorn" a mini klipsch corner horn. With 1 k-33, frontloaded like a cornwall, but the lf cad with fit in a corner like yours. Using the k-401, k-77 in the hf. Any one have any ideas on that. Anyone with a cad program make a quick render. Anyway just an idea, I may do it who knows.

----------------

On 8/20/2005 11:51:56 PM crazytubepower wrote:

I just had an idea. I had contacted you about doing a cornscala project. Well I was thinking about doing a "minihorn" a mini klipsch corner horn. With 1 k-33, frontloaded like a cornwall, but the lf cad with fit in a corner like yours. Using the k-401, k-77 in the hf. Any one have any ideas on that. Anyone with a cad program make a quick render. Anyway just an idea, I may do it who knows.

----------------

You mean a corner speaker....not horn loaded...right?

If you want to do a Corner Cornscala...here is what I would do knowing what I know now. Make the dbb cabinet just like I did. Place a woofer in the bottom of the cabinet and put your K401 and tweeter in the top portion. Yes, there would be enough depth for the K401. I would not consider a smaller horn if you are going to build big cabinet. Then later...you could switch to two woofers an build a seperate top section. :)

M. Hurd, I have a hand truck. Last time I did just what you just mentioned, I got small knicks in my cabinets.