Dual 15 inch Corner Bass Bin - Cornscala dbb

jwc

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF.

They sound just as you would expect from an ESN. Very clean and detailed. Imaging is what always jumps at me.

Works with dual K33 or Crites woofers wired parallel.

There is a jumper out for going to 3-way with an ES5800.

They actually have just been SOLD! I had to get the pictures taken for documentation.

jc

funny.

We may downsize temporarily if we decide to build a home. We may get lucky and just find another home in the area that will suffice.

Even if we downsize, I will still make the basement into a mess i'm sure.

jc

funny.

We may downsize temporarily if we decide to build a home. We may get lucky and just find another home in the area that will suffice.

Even if we downsize, I will still make the basement into a mess i'm sure.

jc

JC,

Anything new as to bass bins for you? [:D][:D][:D] ([8])Trolling, Trolling, Trolling, keep those woofers rolling[6]

Glad to see that you are down-sizing[;)]

tc

Well. I can't play the dbb's right now.

Haven't decided what I'm gonna do. I have way to much stuff right now.

The dbb's and Cornscalas will eventually go to.

If I go to a small house temporarily....looks like my KPT-904-LF will be my bass bin. What a dissapointment.

jc

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/kpt-904.aspx

The DBBs sound GREAT! I got a chance to hear them when I picked up the BBX a few weeks ago. I didn't have time for a proper listen, but someone could be VERY happy if they owned those.

Bruce

You are the first to ask.

I'm going to run an errand.

We can work out the price and what is actually in them.

Shoot me an email right quick to let me know a time frame on when you might be able to make the trip up here. I'm 30 miles west of Atlanta.

jwcullison-at-yahoo.com. Leave out dashes.

You will get a real good deal...I assure you.

jc

• 2 months later...

I am updating this thread with somewhat of its completion.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The dbb project is essentially done. My equipment

This was a big accomplishment for me. The idea again was given to me by IB Slammin. I want to reiterate the reason for doing this design.

I wanted to build a bass reflex speaker with the bass sound of a Cornwall and achieve high SPL. I also needed to accommodate just over 12 cubic feet for the bass bin alone to port dual K33's or Crites woofers to 45Hz. This is why the cabinet is shaped as it is. It is basically two 6 Cu foot cabinets with a trapezoid back end to hide volume. The front appears somewhat like a Khorn. The height and width are just about like the khorn. I also steered away from the big rectangle box cabinet to eliminate resonance and internal reflections.

I have been through 4 networks in this speaker. Each was more complicated of a design as I gather more information.

I took this speaker to Hope in 2006 and it was in the farmhouse in the "big room". This was with the second network that I called "castles". The room was a big disappointment really. When I took the speaker back home....I was relieved to hear the great sound that I had heard before.

Anyway. I obtained some data from the bass bin using some of Al Klappenberger's techniques and an Extreme Slope network was designed. I want to thank AlK for teaching me how to do this and completing that part of the project for me. The sound from it is what you would expect from an ESN.....outstanding. A lot of "sloppiness" was removed from the bass.

The raw bass bin plays out easily to over 1000Hz with little change in the impedance. When I was using first order networks with the dual woofers.....I was gettin too much signal out of the bass bin at unwanted frequencies. With the ESNdbb600....the signal would drop like a rock at 600Hz.

Other crossover points can be used as I have the data for Al Klappenberger at different frequencies....such as 400Hz, 500Hz, 700hz or 800Hz. I may have 300hz...I would have to check my data sheets.

Armando was nice enough to put this design in CAD. He did this out of pure interest and fun. I can't thank him enough. The information is available to build this speaker for any DIY.

jc

post-16499-1381934425147_thumb.jpg