Dual 15 inch Corner Bass Bin - Cornscala dbb

jwc

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, a little off topic, I want to ask, did anyone have experience building one box into two 15 "speakers?
There is an idea to build such a box under two 15 "Bob dynamics located horizontally, and from above to install 402 horns.
Thank you in advance.

I've got a pair of JWC designed "corner model" (like a Khorn) DBBs.  I had a 402/510 combo on top with ALK ESNs.  Does very well.

I haven't gone back and read this thread but they may be in here.  I will check.

Yes.........the ones I have are just like the ones JC built in this thread.  Forum member CIgarbum built mine.

Man, this thread brings back memories.  We loosened the drywall (no lie) in JC's basement with several of his creations.  The DBBs are bass cannons.

I heard the ones James built... probably why he had to move from the neighborhood. ;) (It was, IIRC, actually for safety of the family from stray golf balls...). Those things sounded really, really good, even if they were direct radiators.

Bruce

• 2 years later...

Hi guys.
I managed to build a bass section for two 15 "speakers.
The phase inverter is set to 40 Hz.
The size of the box can be changed proportionally, I have a length of 1020mm, because that's what the 402 horn.
Used two speakers from Bob Crities.
Because my crossover is tuned to a bass section resistance of 4 ohms, the speaker coils were rewound at 8 ohms and connected in series.
Plays great, powerful and fast bass.

I'm posting drawings, maybe someone will need them.

креслення.jpg

Система ок.jpg

1 hour ago, quadrokot said:

Because my crossover is tuned to a bass section resistance of 4 ohms, the speaker coils were rewound at 8 ohms and connected in series.

Do you mean connected in parallel? If you have 8 ohm voice coils and wire in series it would be 16 ohms.

Those cabinets look nice in that format.