Anyone know dealer cost?

capo72

Alright, well I finally got over to American TV today. The guy I have worked with recently doesn't work there anymore. That's a problem with these big chain stores. So I took with me a big stack of reciepts for purchases I have made over the last 5 years. We built a new house a couple years ago and bought all our appliances there, bought a camcorder, last couple tv's, things like that. I just wanted to prove that i'm a loyal customer, since noone works there long enough to remember you.

Anyway big sale prices are as follows:

Normal price sale price

RF-7 $999 $799

RC-7 $750 $594

AW-525 $199 $149

These were OK prices, but not what I was hoping for. Also they only had black, but they could special order Cherry which is what I want. I already have RB-75's in Cherry which I plan to use for surrounds and i'm just not a big fan of black. I told them that was more than I wanted to pay and I don't like black. We haggled for a while and I showed him that I am a loyal customer and that i'm paying with cash. I also told him if the price was right, I would buy (4) RF-7's.

So here's what I ended up buying:

(4) RF-7's $699 ea.

(1) RC-7 $499

(4) AW-525 $125 ea. (for the deck and patio)

I'm pretty happy with the price I paid, but upset that I settled for black. They wouldn't budge on $799 for special order cherrys, oh well. You won't be able to see them with the lights, in the theater room, turned down anyway. I also bought a 70" JVC H-DILA projection TV for $800 off the normal price. It will all be delivered next Thursday. My room isn't quite ready for drywall yet, so the stuff will sit for a while until i'm done, but what a great motivator. I probably have to hook a couple RF-7's up to the B&K for something to listen to while I finish the room.

Anyway thanx to all for the advice I have received thus far, and will surely need in the future.

Thanx for reading,

Jeremy