2 notes on the subw0ofer

CatKnight

i have noticed two interesting (somewhat dissappointing) things about the subwoofer recently.

1-the limiter:

I'm not sure how it works, but it seems to automatically cut the bass down when set too high, for high-volumes. the thing is, that it seems to lower the bass significantly lower then the max level it can handle. in order to get it to back to using full bass (instead of limited, ~70% bass) you have to stop listening to music for a couple minutes then start it again.

2-max volume

my band teacher once said to us that we should never play our absolute max volume. if we give 100% of our effort, everyone will think "gee, thats loud. ok.". also, our tone will not be as good. if we never go above 90% of our ability (loudness) then when we hit the climax of the song, everyone will say "wow, that's pretty loud, and they could play even louder if they wanted to!". the same tip applies to the sub. if you just recently bought your promedias, don't ever crank them so high that the limiter has to kick in. you will be dissappointed permanantly.

I have never actually fully tested my set's limits. I usually can get it to a certain volume and then my upstairs neighbor utilitzes a signal device (Broom of some sort) and pounds on the floor. I consider that decent enough but my volume adjuster has never even come close to the half-way mark on the dial. Guess, I'll never be disappointed, eh? smile.gif

And these days, (don't slap me too hard) I don't even use my system. I have headphones plugged in to play Counter-Strike. Have to have the sound close to my ears to hear movements. smile.gif

------------------

LoAdEd (Jeremy Hartmann)

BSDPN Communications Dude

BSDPN West Portland Oregon Netgaming

Web: Email:" TARGET=_blank>www.bsdpn.com

Email: loaded@bsdpn.com

BSDPN LoAdEd, where do you play counterstrike, I play quite a bit as well, on the Purdue counterstrike servers, but also on netheads occasionally. Lookin for good servers out there. The purdue ones are fast, but if you dont have a quick connection to the internet you will get fried cause all of us that play on it have sub 20-30 pings

quote:

my upstairs neighbor utilitzes a signal device (Broom of some sort) and pounds on the floor. I consider that decent enough

Right on BSDPN LoAdEd biggrin.gif

I'm alone in a house and NEVER went past 90% pc volume and 80% pro volume.

Never really experienced sub powering down except for one misterious "total sub failure"

that fixed itself during shipping to repair centre.

Maybee the courrier guy was a p/t speaker repair dude and took it upon himself to fix my sub biggrin.gif

AAWWSSSOOMMMMMMMME!!!