Amy, Make some Pro Media's in image of Heritage!!

Coytee

I Was listening to my Promedia 2.1s last night & just sitting there thinking "darn", they sound good! (I really was saying darn 9.gif )

Then it hit me again so Im going to repeat something I said once here but fear was misunderstood a bit (by the masses).

I think it would be fabulous if Klipsch would take the Promedia speakers, keep drivers same if necessary but change the box.

Find some way to make the box part look like a (insert favorite Heritage) so that it will look like youve got a pair of baby Khorns, LaScalas, Belles... sitting on your desk.

Think about it, I mean for the lovers of Heritage, how cool would that be.

For the (young) crowd unaware of the Heritage line, how cool would it be for them to see that & wonder what those are... perhaps it might kindle some intrigue in the Heritage line.

It would be another way for Klipsch to individualize themselves from the competition & not have just another set of black boxes like everyone else, nor have the high tech gizmo looking boxes like others.

Irregardless, Id LOVE to have a pair of Khorn wannabes or LaScalas sitting in the corner of my pc desk blaring the music at me instead of those plastic boxes. Obviously for the Khorns, the corner logic might not work but you could perforate the front & let the bass come straight through just like on the plastic boxes.

I realize they might not be able to make an exact visual reproduction but Id venture to guess that they could get it close enough to make us happy (me anyway) 11.gif

???

I brought this up a while back (when I was newer than I am now lol), I think I was misunderstood by the crowd by the "mini Khorns" as being something to compete with the Khorns on a small scale. I was really looking at the small spectrum of the speakers and thought it'd be cool to have mini Khorns or LaScalas/Belles in lieu of the plastic boxes. I don't think my first comment on it came across very well.

I'd buy some in spite of having a nice pair of PM's already.

They could (try) to make them in wood like Big Bro too. (help keep the people in Hope out of trouble by making them) 11.gif

Give the network boys more work to do too 9.gif

Alas... I suppose the odds are about as good as the Cincinnati Bengals having a winning season...

hmm...perhaps that's not so implausable?

• Moderators

Interesting comments!

I do know very small wood cabinets would be difficult to make, and subsequently very costly. And forget about them being curved at all!

Not sure how well they'd do against the "stylized" more modern-looking multimedia systems available...

Food for thought, however.

In the "Design room" on the tour, there was a little pair of wood-cased speakers on a shelf just to the right of the door and a little above eye level as you walked in. Sort of a reddish-brown stain and finish. Several of us in that session commented on how nice they looked, and wouldn't it be nice if Klipsch produced something like that for speakers that size. I can understand, though, how those might be neither fish nor fowl for computers or a music system.

Larry

^^^ I agree!

Heck, my RB-35's are covered with a picture of wood on vinyl :I do understand what Amy is saying though...my wife LOVED the harmon/kardon sub sat set that came with our dell, Until I played the U2 Go Home DVD through the ProMedia 2.1 system that is, LOL

----------------

On 7/19/2005 6:43:12 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Tiny K-horns with tiny fake corners behind!

hahahahahaha Next thing ya know people would say, "Ah, plastic enclosures!!!"

----------------

Sheeze Indy, you KNOW that you & Colter would be ALL over this country of ours picking them up at flea markets....

11.gif

I have an idea!

Why not have the mini Khorns be "desk corner horns". They would utilize the corners of a desk (where it meets a wall) in a similar way that real Khorns use room corners. It could help show computer users the operating principal behind corner horns.

In fact, Klipsch fans could build mini-mockups of their rooms and easily test the mini-Khorns in different room configs. You could then set up your real Khorns accordingly.

Dealers could also use them as business cards to potential 'big-spenders', and demonstrate different room configs.

They could also be Klipsch.com exclusives.

----------------

On 7/19/2005 1:12:18 PM Amy Unger wrote:

Interesting comments!

I do know very small wood cabinets would be difficult to make, and subsequently very costly. And forget about them being curved at all!

Not sure how well they'd do against the "stylized" more modern-looking multimedia systems available...

Food for thought, however.

----------------

Well, Tivoli Audio managed to do it. I have thier Model Two radio on my desk at work, with the nice cherry cabinets:

product_image.php?imageid=110

Granted the front and back are plastic, though. Standing on end, they kinda look like little Forte's (although without the horns).

I agree, I don't know how they would go against the modern "gee-whiz" looking multimedia setups available from others. Still, I think it would be pretty cool. Perhaps a "limited edition" type run?

----------------

I agree, I don't know how they would go against the modern "gee-whiz" looking multimedia setups available from others. Still, I think it would be pretty cool. Perhaps a "limited edition" type run?

----------------

Seems to me that all the manufacturers are trying to "out cool" each other in the looks department, making their new stuff more "rad" looking (or what ever the current vernacular is)

Anyways, perhaps since a vast portion of today's youth may NOT have seen something like a LaScala or Khorn, they might perchance, stand out and be very different (would that be cool or lame???).

If it was lame, well... but if it were cool, then they'd take off & be the new rage. Then little bobby would have a revelation one day when he got older and realized that his cool (kick hiney) speakers had a (for real & not imaginary) big brother.

10.gif

I like the idea, but I don't think exact replicas out of wood can be done without some serious cost. But I'm sure that Klipsch could design an ABS cabinet to resemble the mighty Klipschorn or Belle Klipsch, using their existing driver components from the ProMedia Series.

The famous British guitar amp/cabinet maker Marshall makes a cool micro-sized portable battery-powered guitar amp that looks similar to their actual Marshall half-stack (no particular model), so I know that it can be done if Klipsch feel there's enough interest in the product. I'd certainly buy a pair...it'd probably be the closest I'll ever come to owning a pair of Klipschorns anyway.5.gif

Marshall_MS-2.jpg

post-11084-1381926863591_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

Sorry this thread is so old... but can't CNC machines mill just about anything? Ok, assembling the parts could be a nightmare and would probably mean anything complicated such as a Khorn cabinet or even LaScala cabinet would be terribly difficult. Maybe sell it as a kit to assemble one's self? But a Cornwall or Heresy type cabinet is just a box.....

No real knowledge of CNC machines so maybe way too expensive to mass produce things.