Anyone been to Atlanta, GA?

nicholtl

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm back from Atlanta!

My family and I had gone to visit my brother, who just started his residency in General Surgery at Emory Hospital. Thanks to all who helped me with suggestions on places to eat, things to see, spots to visit.

My family and I checked out a TON of stuff -- everything from Little Five Points to The Underground, Phipps and Luxman (I think?) malls, the CNN Center to Jack's Muncheteria, Midtown to Korea-town. Tried out a host of the recommended restaurants too, from Nickiemoto's (where they had a drag show) to South of France, from the best Indian to the best Thai in the city, and a newly-made friend of mine even took me to The Waffle House! He said no trip to Atlanta was complete without some good, greasy, oily comfort food from there.

Of course, I checked out a hell of a lot of bars and clubs on my own at night...

Atlanta is awesome. But in all honesty, the bars, clubs, restaurants, shops, malls, and what-have-you do not quite compare to that of LA, in my opinion. Then again, most cities don't. HOWEVER...

...it's the PEOPLE that make the place. They are so warm, inviting, friendly, that good ol' "southern hospitality" thing. There's no room for attitude, and when they find out you're from out of town, they literally take you by the hand and show you around and introduce you to everyone they know. You can walk up to anyone and start up a conversation, and in most cases, it was people walking up to ME striking one up. It made me realize just how snooty, stuck-up, and full of BS attitude people in a town like LA really can be. I guess I've just been jaded this whole time.

So in terms of a "foreigner" visiting a new place, it was the best experience of my life. Hands down.

I'll spare you guys the scandalous details, but I'll just say the 1st night I was there and went out (alone), I met and hooked up with a beautiful girl. Yup, needless to say, I didn't wake up in my hotel room the following morning...

The same thing happened the 2nd night. Different girl, of course. =P

And the 3rd night is when I met this really special girl. One that I'm now seeing. Thank God for email, text/picture-messaging, and the phone. We're able to talk to each other several times a day, everyday, until I go see her in a month's time.

Atlanta rules. That's all I can say.

And here are some pics from the trip of me and my family (I'm the one on the very right, btw):

This one is at Nickiemoto's.

Atlanta8.jpg

Here's the dinner we had there.

Atlanta9.jpg

At McCray's Tavern (yeah, we talked our way into getting my underage sister in!).

Atlanta3.jpg

With my mom outside our hotel - Embassy Suites in Buckhead.

Atlanta4.jpg

Me trying to act sophisticated at South of France.

Atlanta131.jpg

At the Cheesecake Factory.

Atlanta20.jpg

And my sister's favorite photo (she couldn't get over them).

Atlanta34.jpg

I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!!!

----------------

On 8/17/2005 4:02:11 PM nicholtl wrote:

And the 3rd night is when I met this really special girl. One that I'm now seeing. Thank God for email, text/picture-messaging, and the phone. We're able to talk to each other several times a day, everyday, until I go see her in a month's time.

----------------

In a month's time? That is about when I am going to be there (September 15-17). However, I don't know how much time I'll have to do much else besides going to the Prog Power USA VI show.