Purchasing RF7's, I have questions

taylor99ss

I don't think that the 7's are too big,I have 5's in a second set up in a room slightly longer and they work pretty well.I would have no problem moving my 7's in there if needed.

The best place to buy would be a local auth dealer if you want the 5yr warranty.A good price would be about $1600-1700,anything cheaper would be a steal and hard to find.Good Luck.

----------------

On 7/26/2005 8:48:58 PM taylor99ss wrote:

Two questions....

1) my room is 17'6" x 15" with 3 openings. basically a loft set up. Are the rf7's too big? will the sound be compromised?

----------------

I got mine in a 15 x 14 foot room, which also has three openings (into the dinning area, kitchen and hall to the bedrooms). They seem to work quite nicely. Just gotta be a little bit more conservative with the volume dial.

----------------

2) best/cheapest place to get em?

thanks to all

----------------

What I've heard that seems to work (and I wish I thought of this when I bought mine) is to go on the 'net and see what the on-line dealers are asking for (just do a "google" search for "Klipsch RF-7" and a ton of hits will come up). Print up the pricing and take it to a local authorized dealer. Tell them what you are interested in and that "I could get those speakers for this price off the 'net, but rather deal with you guys, a local business and an authorized Klipsch dealer. What can you guys do for me?". Don't expect them to match the on-line dealer pricing, but they may do something to earn your sale. Of course, be polite and courteous with them. When it comes time to upgrade my pre/pro, I may try that myself and see what happens.

I went into Ultimatelectronics about 1 month ago, took about an hour and 1/2 but went out the door w/ New cherry 7's for $1500 on the button (tax included) They like cash....... Am using them in a 15x16 room and they are not overkill. And Erik, check out a Rotel RSX-1055 or 1056 which can be had on audiogon or ebay for 5-700 used.