New addition to my personal speaker lineup - but needs parts

cc1091

I know there are a number of people who participate in this forum who dabble in speakers other than Klipsch. Since I am not referring to one of my Klipsch speakers, I posted here in the general questions area. I hope no one is offended.

I recently acquired from a friend a free set of speakers. With his house remodeling going on, he didn't have room for all his stereo gear. So he asked me if I would like to take his Infinity RS 2.5s off his hands. Like any audio buff, I said "sure." Now this didn't come without strings attached. This particular pair of speakers has two of Infinity's EMIT tweeters and two of their EMIM midranges. As it happens, two of these midranges need replacing. Infinity doesn't manufacture replacement diaphrams for the EMIM midrange or the EMIT tweeter anymore. EMIT diaphrams are still available in limited quantities, but the EMIM diaphrams are scarce. When you can find one, count on paying good money for it.

I was wondering if any of the knowledgable people here on the Klipsch forum could suggest a source for a replacement diaphram? I've heard of a german company that sells replacement units that can be installed with minor cabinet and crossover modifications, but I would like to keep these speakers as close to original as I can.

Thanks in advance for any help

CC

post-4786-1381926886487_thumb.jpg