power cords... no, wait, Power Cords, uh, POWER CORDS

----------------

On 7/28/2005 3:07:46 AM nicholtl wrote:

Come on you guys...don't all be haters. I know some of you have some nice, high-end powercables.

----------------

Really, a lot of hating on this thread. Brad, the guy who owns Revelation Audio is a good guy who gives terrific customer service. I'm not a big zealot of anyone's power cables, let alone the whole PC thing in general, but do own a pair of his IC's and they are terrific in my system.

Haters? Oh, thats the trendy new hip phrase that compliments 'talk to the hand"....

And regarding whomever is responsible for the myriad products of this type, I have no reason to question any of their sincerity or manners! Besides, if I could keep these leaping off the shelves at $1100 a pop, I would immediately transform in to one of the nicest folks you could ever meet (despite being almost that congenial already! 2.gif9.gif).

But let me try to express my opinion regarding this class of product in a simpler manner that might not be misunderstood as 'hating' (which I think in fact is most appropriately interpreted as PC for "they don't see it my way!")

You have been driving down a curvy 2-lane country road with a few potholes and miscellaneous road hazards for several hundred miles. Just as you reach your destination, you suddenly encounter a brand new shiny 1-block long section of 18-lane (one-way!) superhighway complete with every amenity imaginable. Did you make up any time on your trip!? Save any gas!? Improve your mileage!? Fit any more luggage into your trunk!? And more importantly, has the volume of traffic increased per unit time!???

If you were a taxpayer, would you consider such an exorbitant project/expenditure worthwhile?

A 'hater', hardly! A realist, certainly!

And as far as 'hating', I can't remember the last time the word "physicist" or "physics" was used as anything but a pejorative around this place! And that really hurts! 8.gif8.gif15.gif15.gif

2.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif11.gif

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Smile! You should really develop a more open sense of humor! Even if it need be, well, a bit warped! 9.gif9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 7/28/2005 9:12:23 AM Speedball wrote:

It is not a bad looking heavy duty power cord at all, if you like purple.

----------------

If you're going to power a giant laser with it, then maybe it's not. But for the purpose it's meant to fulfill, it is the equivalent of using an SR-71 supersonic jet for your morning ride to work, which is located 100 feet away from your house.

OK, it is a nice color, and the black fitting provides a nice bit of contrast!

And now I will cite another loving testimony for another similarly wonderful product! (Note, all opinions are belong to those who express them, I neither benefit, condone, ...well you know the song and dance! 2.gif )

And not only that, but if you look closely you will see that this cable provides a truly significant advance!!! Can we say no ground? And no, folks, lifting a ground is NOT the a safe nor proper way to solve a ground loop problem!!!

"If you thought that PS Audios xStream Statement power cable was a revolutionary product before. Wait until you see it nowOne of the coolest new innovations we came up with on the xStream and Power Punch power cables is a removable ground pin. So says the promotional copy on the products web site.

But read a little bit further, and it becomes a bit more disturbing than the usual: Another new feature is a removable ground pin on the male plug, eliminating the need for a cheap cheater plug under ground loop conditions, thus preserving the integrity of this premium power cable. you simply unscrew the ground pin and voila! No more buzz. In the case where you need to break a ground loop to eliminate hum, the xStream and Power Punch cables with their removable ground pin might be the best thing to ever happen to your system.

And the best part is that you can acquire a 1-meter (about 3-feet) length of this little piece of audiophile heaven for just $449(USD). Enjoy at your own risk!

By the way, 2-meters is only $549. Expensive connectors I guess!

And to quote PSAudio (my emphasis): 6 gauge, machined connectors from a solid metal billet, an outer jacket that actually cleans the AC is it powers your equipment, the Statement is the best power cable in the worldWhen there's no room for compromise, then there's no choice but the xStream Statement power cable.

Well, there you have it! So many best parts!! And so many choices!!!! I mean, opps!, so few choices as now there is no choice!!!

I am soooo confused! Gosh. Life is sooo hard!

Mr. Wizard!! Mr. Wizard!!! Help me Mr. Wizard!!!!**

**Now who remembers this one and can identify it?!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

----------------

But let me try to express my opinion regarding this class of product in a simpler manner that might not be misunderstood as 'hating' (which I think in fact is most appropriately interpreted as PC for "they don't see it
my
way!")

----------------

I thought it referred more to the overall negative and derisive tone of the posts...really don't care if anyone sees it my way or not....and I'm sure no one cares what I think 9.gif

----------------

On 7/28/2005 12:40:12 PM arthurs wrote:

----------------

But let me try to express my opinion regarding this class of product in a simpler manner that might not be misunderstood as 'hating' (which I think in fact is most appropriately interpreted as PC for "they don't see it
my
way!")

----------------

I thought it referred more to the overall negative and derisive tone of the posts...really don't care if anyone sees it my way or not....and I'm sure no one cares what I think 9.gif

----------------

Unfortunately the all to common occurance of 'making up meanings as you go' is all too rampant in our erudite 'grab your crouch' 'know what I mean' society. But words mean things! And simply because people use sarcasm or hyperbole or parody to expose fallacy or to disagree with a position or idea does NOT necessarily imply hatred!!!! It implies disagreement! If so, Mark Twain ranks as one of the Kings of 'hatred'(sic!!!!!).

I worry now, as perhaps you must have great difficulty with comedy, which consists for the most part at laughing at the (often gross!) misfortune of others!

But as you "don't care", should we? Or do 'we' propose to also have the one proverbial set of rules for others and another for ourselves!?

So, take care ...and Lighten up! If you want to debate the physics of electron flow (it would indeed be refreshing to see SOME sound physics employed around here (get it??? =>>a pun!!!)), please be my guest! Or feel free to even present the emotonal response you had when you first touched such a cable and felt the power surge through your body as you reached ecstatic heights of orgas.... oppps! Sooorrryyy! Got a bit carried away there!9.gif9.gif

Use logic or any other expressive technique you like! Personally I would love to see more physics done here, but everytime I use that word I get chastised! (gee, that sounds naughty too! Oh well!)

After all, it been a rather slow day! We need to entertain ourselves some how!

2.gif9.gif9.gif11.gif

Besides, everyone takes everything I say as Gospel around here! Ask ANYONE!9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif11.gif11.gif6.gif6.gif

Gee, they must really be worth all that dough, because they come with a "very generous" (?) 30-Day money-back guarantee!

Holy cow! With my luck, they'd go into chapter 11 on the 29th day! LOL! 9.gif

Actually, I was looking for something SMALLER! 2.gif

Well...

Its been almost a half an hour...and I want to go on record and say that this simply will not do!! This is NOT fun!

...No reason to check back for a witty retort, sarcastic 'hate'2.gif speech..... Not one!!!

Now how am I going to pass the afternoon!??

All I can say is that I hope you folks are proud of yourselves! 'Cause I ain't taking credit for this! After all, I do have standards!! Granted...they're low, but I do have standards!

This country is BUILT on conspicuous consumption, dammit!

Quit being defeatist, you bunch of mindless sheep - and GET OUT THERE and START CONSUMING!! It's your ENTITLEMENT!

It's MANIFEST DESTINY! Start conquering the frontiers of audio!

DM9.gif