Center match for Synergy F-2's

joobz

I recently purchased a pair of F-2s for my home stero. (Slowly replacing the junky speakers from a kenwood theater in a box system)

I got these because I thought the F-1s sounded to bright and the F-3s seemed to be kinda muddy in thier mid and bass range.

Truthfully, I love the way the F-2s reproduce mid range. Voices seem extremely natural to me, and I have bass extention that I never did before. Only problem I'm having is speaker placement (perhaps a question for another thread).

Anyway, I would like to get the c-3 center channels, since they have the same 6.5" woofers that the F-2 has. But klipsch seems to recommend the C-2s for them. I'll listen before I buy, but does anyone have any comments on which speaker will best recreate center sound. I would like my center channel to be able to stand on its own with the two floor standing models. Especially in the mid range. But I don't want any severe coloring differences from them as well (the C-2 uses the same 5" horn on the F-2 vs the 6" horn on the c-3)

Any comments or advice is greatly appreciated.

ps: I'm using a yamaha HTR-5890 receiver

----------------

On 8/5/2005 3:13:22 PM joobz wrote:

thanks for the advice. The synergy line is quite nicely priced for the sound, and I don't mind the extra cost of the c-3.

Oh, and by the way, I apologize for the stupid typo in the thead title.

----------------

You're going to have to point this blind man to your typo because I simply don't see it!

Welcome to the forum!

D

Don't rule out the C2 as the horn is the same size as the F2's. I have F3's and a C3, and they use larger horns. The C2 might be a better match.

I do agree the F2's have a 'different' sound (depending on the music, sometimes the F2's sound better than the F3's, and then the other way around), but at the end of the day, I needed some slam, and the F3's did that for me 9.gif

----------------

On 8/8/2005 9:23:56 AM joobz wrote:

The typo was F-2's instead of F-2s.

Generally not supposed to use an apostrophe when you just want a plural.

----------------

6.gif

I seriously hope you are joking, or you just might be the most anal person in the ENTIRE world!!!