Looking for an old logo scan

Daddy Dee

O.K. I'm in creative mode and looking for an old logo to scan.

It's the one with the all lower case "klipsch" on top with an underscore, then "A Legend In Sound" beneath.

If anyone might have this, or be able to scan an older brochure or piece of literature, I'd sure appreciate your sending it to me.

I'm thinking it can be done in a reasonable size file. about 300 dpi in jpg. Just black and white would work fine.

Thank you. Thank you. example of logo on black jacket

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=38526&

post-11993-13819269146558_thumb.jpg

Hey, while we're on the subject of old logos, does anyone have scans of the old (70's-ish) Lord of the Rings promo t-shirts? I saw a Frodo one for sale on eBay once, but missed the end of the auction... 8.gif I heard that there were others in the collection as well. Any photos by chance?

----------------

On 8/14/2005 8:54:49 AM ironwoods wrote:

----------------

On 8/11/2005 11:13:31 AM m00n wrote:

Daddy, if you know the fonts,.......

----------------

I don't the fonts personally, but Richie, Potsy, Mr.C and Al where in the house regularly.
9.gif

Someone at Klipsch may know 'em.
2.gif

----------------

ROTFLMAO!

Bill

Dee,

It looks like the Arial might be correct, but the bottom text doesn't fit Times. Look at the serifs (feet) on the different characters. Especially the 'S' in Sound. Can't tell very well from the pic you posted. Dont' forget, that someone doing the layout would be able to stretch a font (or squeeze horizontally) to make it match the name 'klipsch'.

Look at the pic below. It is using Arial Black for the top and Garamond for the bottom. It isn't a match, but the bottom is closer than Times. It is also a screen shot, so it's a little ragged.

klipsch_test.jpg

post-7149-13819269146788_thumb.jpg

Gil,

That helped a LOT!

I used two Bitstream fonts. Zurich BlkEx for the top and Goudy Old Style for the bottom. The Goudy matches perfectly. I used Arial for the TM and registered mark. Notice I kerned the type, tightening the left to right letter spaces. The period is the diamond shape as in the graphic Gil posted.

klipsch_legend_in_sound2.jpg

post-7149-13819269147838_thumb.jpg

Have you got what you need yet?

If not, I think I can provide you with the 300dpi file. I run an advertising agency here in Austria. We do things like that all the time. I would actually recommend an illustrator file which will be a "pathed" file that can be scaled to any size you need without quality loss.

Let me know if yes. I will see if one of my employees can do that for you real quick.

Nick