Finally done spending $$$ for a while....My New Setup

norcuron

Hi,

Well it's finally done...for a while lol......Check out my sig and the pics attached....I still have a pair of KSP-S6s that i could play around with to see if they would add any sound to the room.

p.s. Sorry I don't know off hand how to attach the pics directly into my post. I know it's a pain to hit download every time.....

p.s.s. Everything except the Sub and 2 Carver pieces are brand new....Sounds great...

Mark

----------------

On 8/12/2005 5:26:19 PM norcuron wrote:

Hi,

Well it's finally done...for a while lol......Check out my sig and the pics attached....I still have a pair of KSP-S6s that i could play around with to see if they would add any sound to the room.

p.s. Sorry I don't know off hand how to attach the pics directly into my post. I know it's a pain to hit download every time.....

p.s.s. Everything except the Sub and 2 Carver pieces are brand new....Sounds great...

Mark

----------------

Do you want to sell those KSPs?

Wow, great setup!! 400w to those RF-7's is a ton!! They could make your ears bleed before distorting 9.gif I though my 200w was enough, but there's no such thing as too much I guess 3.gif

Very nice choice of equipment!! I think everything looks great how it is, a little toe in on the mains is all you need.

I am still getting used to the new system. The Sunfire is extremely clean and quiet. The setup is extremely simple with the onscreen display and the trim adjustments on the remote for surround and sub are great. I do quite a bit of adjusting for different inputs ie music or different TV stuff, I just increase the surround trims for lower listening and it is very nice to do it on the fly. I also like some smaller things about the pre-amp (I went from an older Marrantz setup so a lot of the latest systems probably have this stuff), where I can set the power-up settings for a specific input and volume level. I can also set up a Max in case someone is ever watching the house and I don't want things to get out of hand while I am gone. The Amp has all the power I could want and runs very cool. The remote works very well and was super easy to program....enter a 3 digit number and it auto sends a signal to try to turn the device on, if it doesn't, you just enter the next 3 in..It literally took my 60 seconds to program my TV and CD player....The Oppo DVD did not have a code so I just used the learning function and it worked great. I really like the Pro-logic IIx...I listen to most TV programs using this. I used the optical out of the Oppo and the Sunfire takes care of all of the DTS etc very nicely. One thing I have noticed is that the better your equipment the more it shows the flaws of your older music (for me 80s rock, graduated HS in 86). Some sound awesome and some I wish sounded better. However, when you put in new stuff like Krall Jazz, I must say it sounds awesome even though this is not my normal genre of music. It's very clean and sounds great from a whisper volume to really turning things up. I am probably going to send my crossovers to Dean eventually to smooth the highs out a little..I currently have my treble to -2.....but still need to spend more time with everything and really try to finely tune things. I also currently have the RF-7s set to small but continue to play around with the large setting. I have them crossed at 60. I like that Sundfire has a good trade-in program where I can trade my Pre-amp in whenever they come out with a new one and upgrade for around $1k. I can also send the amp or pre-amp anytime and for around $200 they will bring it back to full new specs...That could come in handy 10 years from now.....Let me know if you have any questions...

Mark