What speaker is a drop in replacement for the K22?

BS Button

----------------

On 8/13/2005 6:16:14 PM BS Button wrote:

Something that I could buy new.

----------------

You can buy the K24 new from Klipsch at a reasonable price if you are in the US. There is also Layne Audio who sells a K22 / K24 replacement for 79$ each.

Although Eminence makes both those woofers, they don't offer them directly to consumers.

Rob

Don't even bother with layne audio. I needed k22 replacements and I e-mailed them several times and tried to call them no less than 100 times over a six week period to no avail. They didn't reply to my e-mails or return my phone calls. I think the number is disconnected now even.

Thanks Frozen.

BSButton,

Actually you couldn't get an equivalent from Eminence. The K24 or K22 are custom made to Klipsch spec. I've wondered the same thing. Can't explain the differences in what Eminence markets, but have heard from others, like BEC, who explains it and says it won't work. They are fairly reasonable to buy new from Klipsch parts.

The K42 was used in the HIP, and requires cabinet mods as well as a different network.

I used to recommend the Delta 12LF, it is now different.

"on sale at parts express right now. should be close enough"

It's not really like either the old or new Delta 12LF, but it is a good driver. In a Heresy box it will be 96dB/2.83V and -5dB at 80hz with a Qtc=0.5, good for home theater with the 'small' setting.

With a 4" dia vent 6.5" long it will be -5dB at 45hz. It will be capable of at least 6dB more output below 100hz than a stock Heresy woofer.

The current Delta 12LF is 98dB/2.83V and can be vented to be -5dB at 50hz or 70hz sealed and stuffed with a Qtc=0.577 (best transient response of the sealed alignments). The T2A is tapped at 98dB with the old Heresy.