Any Plumbers Out There ?

sunburnwilly

Hi , Something Strange Happened Today and I could use some advice . I have a single lever Moen faucet in my kitchen . This morning I did my usual routine . Let the water run for about 10 seconds before filling up a large cup of water for myself , rinse out the cats dish for his morning meal , no problem . I then used the sprayer attachment to clean out the sink from the night befores dirty dishes . When I let off the sprayers trigger no water came out of the faucet ; faucet is on . The sprayer works fine when I turn the faucet on , but no water comes out of the faucet . Is this an easy fix , or is it complicated ? Any help would be appreciated , Thanx .

Hi Rick , Thanx for the imput . I tried what you suggested . Unscrewed the sprayer head ; very clean inside , and plugged off the line . Actualy I did't plug it off to well on the first try and got spayed pretty good . Well the faucet still doesn't come on ; plenty of pressure in the sprayer though .

Inside your faucet there are a few moving parts the basically mix the incoming hot and cold water. These get gummed up with deposits (mostly Calcium). I would bet that when the sprayer relieved the pressure on the faucet, something stuck due to these deposits. If you are comfortable taking it apart, you can try soaking everything in something like CLR or even Vinigar and see if that helps. Otherwise you may just have to either hire a plumber or replace the faucet. Moens are high quality and can usually be fixed, though. Replacement/repair parts are usually available at stores that carry Moen.

Hey Willy,

1.Turn the water off to the faucett below the sink or where ever the hot and cold valves are.

----------------------------------------------------------

Do not proceed to step #2 or #3 without completing step #1.

----------------------------------------------------------

2.Take an allen wrench to loosen the set screw behind the handle so it can be removed.

3.Use large channelocks to loosen the big nut on top so the cap can be removed revealing all the parts inside. The parts can be bought at any hardware or home store, all you need to know to get the right one is the name brand of the faucett. Replacement package parts may run anywhere from $5.00-$15.00. Before reinstalling everything smear a light coat of "heatproof grease" on all the "o" rings at a cost of $2.00 for a small tin of grease.

Anyone can do this....the hardest part sometimes is shutting off the hot and cold water valves because they freeze after not being used for so many years.

What "riot" through yon window breaks? It is is fini, the consummate craftsman, who would have us beat upon the Plumb Bob's in our multi-fauceted ignorance.

Let he who is without Teflon cast the first metaphorical sink trap!

I yearn for a twist of vintage fini-al humor before I beat up on the commercial water bugs with my Big Basin wrench. -HornEd

What the heck happened to my last post ? Oh well . Thanks for the imput guys . Speedball the last part of your response is right on . The house is 50 yrs old and those lines appear brittle . I think I'll shut off the main line and relieve the pressure before I begin .