Ghost in the Shell 2

D-Rex

I have Ghost in the shell 2, haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Looks pretty good though. The 1st one & Appleseed are both excellent.

If you really get into Ghost in the Shell, there were 2 seasons of TV series in Japan, available on DVD. Haven't watched the 2nd season yet, but the 1st season was great.

GITS2 is amazing, I've already watched it 4 times.

GITS (the original) is in my top 10 films ever made, and GITS2 is worthy sequel. Both are quite emotioally compelling, visually breathtaking, and philosopical.

Haven't seen Appleseed yet, I was sort of turned off by the 'cell shading' style of animation. But I'll give it a whirl since Nic recommends it.

BTW, the same guy created the source material of each story, but the scripts and animation were written and directed by two separate people from Mr. Masamune.

Shirow Masamune wrote the manga for both GITS and Appleseed.

But both GITS movies were directed by Mamoru Oshii, an amazing director. Check out his movie Avalon that was made between the two GITS films. It mixes live action and CGI in such a way to create a surreal virtual world, with similar themes to the GITS and Matrix films. (In case you haven't noticed, the first Matrix film owes a TON to GITS). Avalon is sort of a 'rebuttal' to the first Matrix film. The Matrix lifted scenes directly outof the first GITS film. (Which pre-dated it by 3 years).

Anyway, check out GITS2, Avalon, and GITS, great films.

I'll be checking out Appleseed.

Another recommendation here for Appleseed. Very Nice. I

have watched it a handful of times already. Great sound and

awesome graphics. I wouldn't call it all out cell shading, its a

mixture.

Been meaning to check out GITS2, glad to hear people like it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...