What Center Speaker to use with Klipschorns?

78Khorn

The reason I'm asking is I'm looking for a center speaker for my system and I want to match my Khorns. I have a 65" TV so I was thinking if the Belle came in two pieces like the Khorn I could split a Belle and put the top section on top of the TV and the bass/bottom next to the TV? Any comments on this idea or what other match would work well as a center with my Khorns.

The reason I'm asking is I'm looking for a center speaker for my system and I want to match my Khorns. I have a 65" TV so I was thinking if the Belle came in two pieces like the Khorn I could split a Belle and put the top section on top of the TV and the bass/bottom next to the TV? Any comments on this idea or what other match would would well as a center with my Khorns.

Ooohh 78Khorn, My Man!!!, 65"[:o]

I've got 60", with 2 Vert. Cornwalls hooked in parallel and doing the horiz. mambo up on top.

I use Lascala's for front and rear center with my Khorns and soundstage

is seamless. You don't want to use just the top cab if that's

what your implying, not that you could split belle anyway. There

are some older Lascala's that were used for sound reinformcent

applications that came in two pieces.

EJ

Gilbert, do you have Cornwalls or Cornwall II's? Is one a better match for my 78 Khorns than the other?

You want Vertical Cornwalls, probably more available in the original CW type. You can lie the cabinet on its 'side' and the horns will broadcast 90 degrees (ie, with the cabinet upright, the horns are upright or vertical as well, giving very narrow dispersion. On it's side, they're only like 24" high and 15" deep, so don't take up much room.

Michael

I use Lascala's for front and rear center with my Khorns and soundstage is seamless. You don't want to use just the top cab if that's what your implying, not that you could split belle anyway. There are some older Lascala's that were used for sound reinformcent applications that came in two pieces.

EJ

How is your front center La Scala placed in relationship to your TV? Since my 65" Hitachi TV is a full cabinet that sits on the floor, I am concerned that the sound wouldn't seem to come from the picture if the center speaker was off to one side of the TV.

78Khorn

Your biggest problem is that with any rear projection CRT based TV the tubes are in the front center of the cabinet. Unless your speaker is shielded it will cause distortion when placed on the floor in front of the TV. With a Heresy I had to move it about a foot in front of the TV before the distortion went away. On the other hand speakers may be placed on the top with out any issues (if the cabinet can support it).

Laters,

Jeff

EDIT - Wow Frzinvt and I joined almost 1 year apart. He is from TX but living in VT and I from VT but living in TX. How weird is that? [:)]

How do you wire up two speakers in parallel for a center channel?

If I did that and placed them on either side of my TV then the sound should be centered. This would allow me to use Cornwalls, La Scallas, or Belles. I used to have an RC-7 on top of the TV and that weighed about 42 lbs. I could probably put a cornwall on top but that would look pretty big up there. I would really like to use a Belle for the match and looks if I could figure a way to make it sound centered. Maybe I will have to wait on that until I buy a TV that could be placed above a Belle.

More comments are appreciated.