klipsch forte speakers from 1985...THE FIRS YEAR EVER MADE

BiG_DoG123

Hey eveyone, i got some walnut floorstand klipsch forte speakers

from 1985. They look brand new, no scratches on the wood, nothing,

perfect. Was thinking about seling, ne one know about how much these

speakers are worth, got all the original speaker user guide, warrenty

pages everything. Thanks

Truly MINT Fortes can be expected to fetch north of $600; maybe far north. Most people throw the word MINT around pretty liberally. The prices mentioned on these other posts represent exceptional values (with very good cabinet conditions usually available ~ $450-$550). This is based on transactions that I was personally involved with, in some capacity, over the years. There are a lot of Fortes around (that all sound pretty much alike); there are very few prime (cosmetic) specimens however. They are really too large to ship economically (or reliably) and may work into determining the 'true' cost.

I purchased a pair around 2 years ago for $400. 3 weeks ago I found another pair locally for $325. Both are oiled oak and in excellent condition. Recent e-bay sales have a range from $299 to $442. I personally think they are worth more but this is what the market seems to be paying right now. IMO, the Forte and Chorus are the hidden gem's of the Klipsch line.

I would BARELY consider any of the recent eBay sales as examples of DECENT condition (at BEST!). They range from missing risers, pushed in passive radiators, scratches, corner veneer chips, nicks, scuffs, etc ...

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&from=R10&catref=C6&satitle=klipsch+forte&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&so=Show+Items&fsop=2&fsoo=2

(BUT, they all probably sound JUST FINE!)

Here is a set that sold for well over $600 about a year ago with NO HAGGLING or ARGUMENTS from the buyer.

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/jerohm/lst?.dir=/Klipsch/ForteWO&.order=&.view=l

There seems to be an awful lot of "MINT" plant stands out there.

jerohm, the pictures of the klipsch speakers you have that sold for

over 600 are exactly like the ones that i have, no scratches or

nothing, perfect condition, i still have all the manuals that came with

the system also, also alond with it i have a nad7100 am/fm stereo

reciver with a nad 5340 compact disc player with remotes for both and

owner manuals for both along with the lifetime warranty certifications

that came with them, these speakers and this set all together is one of

a kind, never moved just sit in the bedroom and collected dust, no

sctratches or anything, TRULY MINT, a must see. i will try to find a

digital camera to take pictures of just how nice these really are, and

since i am the only owner and have had since 1985 i know they are in

perfect condition.

500 to 550 is not a bad price but your question is "should I sell?" Absolutely not. Keep them and enjoy them, wherever you can find space for them. You guys, seriously!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Close the doors, turn out the light..."

• Like 1

500 to 550 is not a bad price but your question is "should I sell?" Absolutely not. Keep them and enjoy them, wherever you can find space for them. You guys, seriously!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Close the doors, turn out the light..."

That is MY feeling. I have experienced sellers remorse after each and every Klipsch speaker I have ever sold. If you "are hungry" that is one thing, but ... I am telling you that older Klipschs in exceptional condition are a rarity ... or at least that is what I found to be the case.

• Like 1

• 17 years later...

Im taking a chance posting this considering this thread was from ‘05 but wth….

Im selling a set of 1985 Klipsch forte

model FOR OORV

S/N 8873336

these babies were my parents prior enjoys from my childhood. It was always a house rule to never put any drinks on top of the speakers. The oak stain wedding has normal wear for 35 years old, mainly just on the edges of the wood, but possibly could be polished up.  When the speaker covers are off the speakers themselves look brand new and they hit hard just like the day they bought them.  I’m trying to get all the information I can on this specific set to be able to sell it to the highest and most interested buyer. Does anyone know where I would go to get that information and  where would be the best place to post something like this and somewhat guarantee to find best type of buyers.  Have many pictures if interested.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome thanks 

forte-brochure.pdfYou could post them in the Garage Sale section of this forum or other media like FB marketplace, craigslist, etc.

If your looking for the highest bidder, ebay is the place for that.

I also have 1985 Forte 1's and I feel that auditioning them is the easiest way to sell them.

I take it that you are not into audio, otherwise you would be listening to them instead of trying to sell them.

Attached is the Forte brochure.

7 hours ago, Nichols352 said:

where would be the best place to post something like this and somewhat guarantee to find best type of buyers. 

5 choices , FREE would be the Forum Garage sale , Usaaudiomart.com  , CL ., Facebook Marketplace 

-Highest selling prices for klipsch speakers in 2022 were on Ebay

On 1/12/2023 at 11:01 AM, Nichols352 said:

Im taking a chance posting this considering this thread was from ‘05 but wth….

Im selling a set of 1985 Klipsch forte

model FOR OORV

S/N 8873336

these babies were my parents prior enjoys from my childhood. It was always a house rule to never put any drinks on top of the speakers. The oak stain wedding has normal wear for 35 years old, mainly just on the edges of the wood, but possibly could be polished up.  When the speaker covers are off the speakers themselves look brand new and they hit hard just like the day they bought them.  I’m trying to get all the information I can on this specific set to be able to sell it to the highest and most interested buyer. Does anyone know where I would go to get that information and  where would be the best place to post something like this and somewhat guarantee to find best type of buyers.  Have many pictures if interested.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome thanks 

With that serial number, they were made in 1988.