Klipsch KG Line...Which ones are the best?

fletcherkane

Thanks for thre review t-man! I agree that you can't find better bang for the buck speakers anywhere on the market. You would have to spend a lot of money on other brands of speakers to even approach the KG's.

I hooked up my new 4.2's to a very mid-fi 2 channel receiver this week, and was very pleasantly suprised. They are a lot more forgiving than my forte's with less than pristine equipment. My Forte's and my 4.2's are walnut, which I prefer to the oak. I am the third owner of this pair, but they have been very well taken care of since the begining. They had a couple of minor scratches that cleaned up nicely with a little "Old English" furniture polish.

• 1 year later...

KSP 400s are in the Klipsch Synergy Premiere line (not the current Synergy line)...I am wondering how these would sound in a "two channel Home Theater" since they have their own Subwoofer but am afraid of the the amp hum rpoblem some have experienced unless it is only ground loop...

Bill

My brother has a set of KG 5.2's for his main L/R and a KG 2.2V for a center.  I am looking at getting him a set of KG 3.2/3.5 or maybe 2.2/2.5 for his rear surounds.  I advised him to looks at the new Sub12 for his sub duties.  While I prefer the Heritage hands down, I like his 5.2's very much they have an abundance of good deep bass!  My hit on the entire line is the mids are a little thin but still a great sounding speaker and I agree a terrific sound/dollar spent.

KSP 400s are in the Klipsch Synergy Premiere line (not the current Synergy line)...I am wondering how these would sound in a "two channel Home Theater" since they have their own Subwoofer but am afraid of the the amp hum rpoblem some have experienced unless it is only ground loop...

Bill

[;)] [;)] [;)]

• 2 years later...

As you can see from my signiture I have an entirely KG home theater. I just love them. I purchased the original KG2's in high school. I took them to college and they blew away other speakers twice their size. They have an amazing amount of base out of such a small speaker. I think I really have put together a great home theater for under $500 in the past year. That includes purchasing the KG 2.2v, ( 2 )KG 2.2's, The receiver and the subwoofer. I do not think any home theater in a box can compare. These are the only KG's I have heard or owned, I still would choose the KG2 as my favorite. They have moved with me probably a dozen times and still sound great.

I may be picking up a pair of KG 3.2 how are those?

I have a pair and really like them with vintage receivers. I also have two pairs of 4.2's and really dig 'em. Not in the same league as my RF-7's but what I really like about them is that I can play just about any crappy, loud compressed recording and they all sound "listenable".

• 10 years later...