Should I trade my Klipsch KV4 center for Klipsch RC7?

klipschboy

I used to have a KV-4 with my Forte IIs, and while it was good, it was not the best match for them. I now have an Academy and that one is much better. It depends on what your other speakers are. The KV-4 was developed for the Epic speaker line, and the RC-7 is for the Reference line. My guess is the RC-7 will not be a good timbre match with what you have now. But, maybe you can get your friend to bring the RC-7 over for a demo, then make the decision yourself.

It depends on your main speakers! If you are using CF1's, 2's, 3's or 4's you want to stick with the KV-4 since it is a perfect timbre' match.

If you did trade do a straight up trade! The KV-4 sells for $350-$450 on the used market and about what you could get an RC-7 new for. Your KV-4 + $200 is just silly!!! No way I would do it.

If you are running Reference speakers for mains then you do need an RC-7, sell it on AudioGon or eBay for $400 and toss in a few bucks and get a brand new RC-7.