Problem with Promedias

El Perro

Hi, I am having a small problem with V2 400 speakers. They are making this scratchy popping sound when I play music.

It is not when I turn the volume up or down and I already have the CP-1 control pod. What could the problem be? I moved the sound card around, checked every cable to make sure they were all ok. They are still making the noise, kinda like if they were blown.

• Moderators

Does it occur when you play all types of media? What about when the computer is off?

Does adjusting the connetions to the satellites, or the DIN plug, make any difference (louder static, no static, etc...)?

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665

Ok, it happens at first when I plug the speakers in, there is a noticeble pop from both the sub and the satellites. When I play winamp when the song hits a certain note there is a clear scratching noise and sometimes popping noise.

Before it used to make certain noises at random but I move the sound card and they went away. If I move the DIN plug the sounds are still there, I moved the satellites around and the noise still occurs.

quote:

Originally posted by ProMedia Tech 2:

Does it occur when you play all types of media? What about when the computer is off?

Does adjusting the connetions to the satellites, or the DIN plug, make any difference (louder static, no static, etc...)?

I had the same problem with one of my sat's. At first my pre-amp was replaced but that only cleared up the volume scratch for a short time, the popping was still there at the 12, 1 and 2 positions (on the pre-amp), sometimes even lower. I tried moving the satellite to every position and changing the connection each time. It was always the same sat. Finally my supplier, Global Video (the owner is a super nice guy) just replaced my sat and I have had no problems to this day, well except for an angry wife maybe!

Amy, correct me if I'm wrong but the new pre-amp is 50 USD? So me and my fellow Klipsch owners in Canada will be paying almost 100 CND for the upgrade. Well, my pre-amp is still hissing, I'm going to take it in for a replacement, but I feel if I've already had 2 of the old pre-amp and the new pre-amp has corrected this issue... then it just makes sense for Klipsch to replace it with the new pre-amp. So far I have been a very loyal and happy Klipsch owner, having my pre-amp replaced with a working unit would make me even happier.

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

Well, I can't change the volume without hearing some pretty nasty scratching and popping. It usually is louder than the music or movie I'm watching. I'm just scared I'll damage my klipsch, I know there on warranty, but a day without my klipsch is like a day without my wife! There is no hiss or pop if I leave the volume alone, but once I touch the pre-amp all hell brakes loose! HELP!

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to end this thread on a positive and informative note.

I have had contact with Amy via E-mail regarding my pre-amp and I am very happy with her offer.

I have read almost all of this board (the promedia section) in the last couple of days, A LOT OF READING! and I have found a lot of issues, mostly small. But the one that comes up the most is the pre-amp, bar none.

My suggestion is this... don't waste your time crying on the board. Your just gonna get slagged by all the high and mighty "regulars" who think that because their lack of problems means your not right or your a suck for wanting what they have (no static), don't give them the satisfaction. Plus, if you read alot of the older threads... alot of the "regulars" have had their fair share of problems including the pre-amp issue. They just happened to have had it fixed the first time and don't have to worry anymore. So they spend their time joking about our misfortune and "duct tape" of all things.

Contact Amy right away (or any rep), they will make things right. Don't turn your volume knob up and down like a fool, it's degrading, you paid a lot of money for these speakers, don't be fooled by short term gimmicks. It is the same stab in the dark like the rest, canned air and loose connections, started by second guessing and rumors. Deal with the experts, not some inexperienced frenchman from canada. (sorry guy's, you seem to slag the most around here!)

I am very happy and amazed by this product, but it is only that, a product. Produced by a fine company that, if dealt with in the proper way, will make sure you are a happy customer.

That is actually a part of THX certification, a certain level of customer service and technical support must be present in order to qualify for certification. If you think I'm joking look at the site... www.thx.com Have fun!

ummm how does it go again, Oh yeah, ROCK ON!

------------------