Please help me select optical in on Denon AVR 2800

RRZ

My Denon AVR 2800 has three digital optical input ports.

I'd like to connect my DVD player to one and my cable box to another, but whenever I connect two inputs, I cannot find the correct button, knob or menu selection that would allow me to switch between the two inputs.

If I disconnect either of the sources, the receiver will automatically source to the remaining input, but if I connect both, I am unable to switch between the inputs.

It's driving me nuts, your help would be much appreciated!!

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. I do have a "monitor out" output that I can send to the TV to program certain settings in the receiver.

Are you saying that I have to activate that programming mode onscreen in order to select amongst different optical inputs?

I keep thinking there has to be an input button on the receiver or remote that I would hit and it would give me the choice (shown on the receiver's display) between optical-1, optical-2 or optical-3...but there doesn't appear to be.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. I do have a "monitor out" output that I can send to the TV to program certain settings in the receiver.

Are you saying that I have to activate that programming mode onscreen in order to select amongst different optical inputs? -yes

I keep thinking there has to be an input button on the receiver or remote that I would hit and it would give me the choice (shown on the receiver's display) between optical-1, optical-2 or optical-3...but there doesn't appear to be.

I believe once you have assigned these digital in-puts *to a source*, it will be automatically done when you select that source. Until then, it does not know Klipsch from shinola. [:o]