Drywall Started!

capo72

Woo Hoo! Drywall started today. It's been over a year of doing things myself. Now I've hired out the drywall and plastering. Should be done in a week. I'm excited to finally sell real progress. My wife is painting the walls in a couple weeks. Then I'll put the laminate wood floor down. After that i'm starting my wall unit for the home theater. Forget about hanging doors, or trim, or finishing the bedroom and bathroom. The theater comes first!. I was pulling outlets and switches at 11:00 pm last night and forgot to take pictures before the drywall, oops. I'll post some pics as things progress. Boxes full of unused audio/video equipment, and you guys, have been my motivation.

Jeremy

Jeremy, keep up the upbeat mood. There is an end in sight!

I have a silmilar problem. My listening room is next to my kichen. The kitchen is undergoing a rennovation and many supplies etc are now in the listening room (which is aslo covered in dust, regardless of the various precautions). With boxes and tools piled everywhere I have not been able to listen to my K-Horns in the last 3 weeks. The kitchen re-model started out as: "why not build a center island" and morphed into tearing out all the cabinets, new underlayment/ceramic tile floor, upgrade on electrical and some plumbing, paint, trim etc (it is 450 sq ft - so all the headaches and expenses are multiplied upwards).

It is going to look good when it is done....that has become my mantra. Thank you for letting me commiserate.

Good luck,

-Tom

All things being equal.. your 6-8 weeks away from being done after drywall... Congrats... You will finally get an idea how it all looks and yes take pics.. Makes for a good scrap book later!

Hun... Did I pull the wire here..... or here???

Maybe I should move this wall a little....... hahahahahaha