Steelerfan's post "Forum's really slow tonight"

jheis

Although I can't access Stealerfan's post - or anyother recent post

("Server Error in '/' Application") - by scrolling down, I can see what

the problem is:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Why in the world does anyone use Microcrap? Page loads in the

"new" forum are slow, slow, slow, slow, and the page width is all over

the place - some are fine, some I'd need a 30" monitor to read.

This has not been a smooth transition. I'd say its time to get it sorted out, or go back to the old system.

James

Although I can't access Stealerfan's post - or anyother recent post ("Server Error in '/' Application") - by scrolling down, I can see what the problem is:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Why in the world does anyone use Microcrap? Page loads in the "new" forum are slow, slow, slow, slow, and the page width is all over the place - some are fine, some I'd need a 30" monitor to read.

This has not been a smooth transition. I'd say its time to get it sorted out, or go back to the old system.

James

Becasuse the .NET framework is a very robust and very powerful development environment. It's doubtful that the problem is with the .NET framework itself rather it's most likey to be an end coders error who wrote the forum software or a network issue possibly even a database issue. It could be a number of things, but as a software engineer myself who has been working with .NET for 5 years now, I highly doubt it was a core .NET framework issue.

As far as slow, I have noticed no difference in speed between this forum and the last. Well, other than the time out erros that were occuring.

Also, considering how much time and effort it must have taken the IT department to make this transition, I would say it's gone rather smoothly. All things considered, it's been a good transition. You have to take into acocunt that they not only switched forum software, but they had to move TONS of data from one database to another, on to of that, the older forum didn't run on the .NET platform.

There is a lot that goes on in software updates, have a little understanding.